Where would you want to work at Disney World?

Where would you want to work at Disney?

• Quick Service Food & Beverage, Culinary assistant

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Hospitality/Front Desk Operations

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Costuming

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Entertainment

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Operations:(attractions, park greeter, Parking)

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Vacation Planner

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Custodial

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Transportation

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Merchandise

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Recreation

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Dizknee_Phreek

hey, i'm glad this thread was started! i've been wondering about the Disney College Program! i THINK i want to go into Culinary Art, and since i want to work no where else but WDW, then Disney Culinary Art would be the way to go. anyway, does anyone know anything about Disney's culinary program, or anything about culinary art at WDW? i really should probably get some info on it somewhere. like how hard is it, and what's expected of you...that kind of thing. any and all info is appreaciated!
also, all you Orlando residences...if you know of ANY Culinary Institutes around the Orlando area (maybe within an hour, hour and a half radius of WDW) could you let me know about them? i've tried doing some research on the net, but i get too impatient with computers, so i usually don't have much luck.

Smee

First choice) I'll take the boats, let me cruise guests around the 7 seas lagoon and bay lake, I'll be happy. Or take out groups for Illuminations Cruises.

Second Choice) behind the scenes tour guide

Third Choice) monorail pilot

4th choice) bartender at the W-Lodge pool bar(or AKL).

tmm7899

My dream job at WDW is an Animal Keeper at DAK. The keeper positions are super competive and you have to have pretty outstanding previous experience. I guess that I am lucky because I interned in the Animal Programs departement and got my foot in the door!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
you can intern in Imagineering, but that isn't done through WDW, and that would also involve relocation to Cali.

as for my dream job.. I already have it..

NowInc

Originally posted by mktiggerman
you can intern in Imagineering, but that isn't done through WDW, and that would also involve relocation to Cali.

as for my dream job.. I already have it..

Not necessarily...I was told that If i got the intern id stay in florida due to what I was interning for. (Computer Animation/Design)...they do most of what I do in Orlando....they DId tell me tho that they could very easily throw me anywhere they would "need" me (including other countries)....

DisJosh

Originally posted by asics1cc
Thanks for all your help!

Are you applying for the WDWCP? I will be next year and have given it lots of thought. I like the idea of transportation. I really have no clue what you do in transportaation...I'm assuming you drive things. I love to drive so thats a logical choice.

DisJosh

Now, the imagineering and animation internships are totally seperate from the WDWCP. Those two internships are for only Junior, Senior and Graduate students and are EXTREMELY hard to get into!

Asics, if you are interested in a future career with Disney the College Program is a good start. You can gain experience and even make friends w/ some important people who could potentially help you get into that imagineering internship.

NowInc

Originally posted by DisJosh
Now, the imagineering and animation internships are totally seperate from the WDWCP. Those two internships are for only Junior, Senior and Graduate students and are EXTREMELY hard to get into!

I never disputed that ;) I was just stating that it WAS possible to intern there. Trust me...I know how hard it is to get in....*sniff sniff*

wdwcastwannabe

i chose food & beverage because i start there doing that in canada at epcot on march 6th, but in reality, i'd love to be a mascot (i was my high school's mascot), perform in tapestry of dreams, in spectromagic, or as figment in the ride if that was ever possible.....

my opinion anyways
tim:king:

James123

Account Suspended
Good Show!

Congratulations! So good to hear that you got the job. Next time (after March, 2002) I'm at WDW I'll see if I can find you in the World Showcase. I hope you really enjoy the experience. I think you'll do a great job at WDW! Take care.

epcot71

i want to be the guy who walks down main street behind the horse drawn trolly who gets to use that kewl vacume to clean the horse dookie.

HI IM SHAUN-EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT DOOKIE DISPOSAL OPERATIONS:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

NowInc

Originally posted by epcot71
i want to be the guy who walks down main street behind the horse drawn trolly who gets to use that kewl vacume to clean the horse dookie.

HI IM SHAUN-EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT DOOKIE DISPOSAL OPERATIONS:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Everyone has a dream...

aim

i would LOVE to work as entertainment! not as a character though! i couldn't handle the "tour groups" that come though wdw!! rude rude rude! n e who! my dream disney job would be to be one of their singers/dancers! you know those cheesy shows they have in front of the castle! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom