Where would you stay on a solo trip?

Bethypoo

I've been on several solo trips and have stayed at the BC, YC, and Dolphin because Epcot is my favorite. I have stayed at POFQ as well and would go back in a heartbeat. Loved it.

TinkerBelle8878

I did a solo trip. I stayed at All Star Sports because I'd stayed there when it first opened and it was nice. Nine years later...not so much. Major nickel and diming down to towels and Mousekeeping or lack there of.

For what might wind up to be only a few dollars more, I'd probably now stay at Swan or Dolphin which I see have much better amenities. As for Magical Express, which I don't think Swan or Dolphin has, I didn't find it worth it so that evens out. I'd rather take a cab from the airport than wait an hour and a half in a very hot airport area on line for a bus.

Tinkerbella16

I would go with POFQ. I've always wanted to take a solo trip. The closest I've come to doing so was in 2012 when I went with my friend and his family. They stayed at BLT and I stayed solo at POFQ, so it was a partial solo trip even though I was with them in the parks and for meals. The resort is just so peaceful and for the money, it is a really good value! I love the boats to DTD!

CheshireCat12

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great replies! As I thought about it I find that I agree with many of your choices. I would most likely choose something beautiful and restful, with great amenities or location. I like the AllStars but I guess not for this! This would be a "pampering myself" kind of trip. I think I would do the following:
Stay at GF where I have a view, monorail, and a spa, and proximity to good food (Ohana/Kona next door)
OR
Stay at CSR which I find extremely restful and love the grounds, I could sit by their pool or in their huge jacuzzi for hours! This would also fit the bill without being too expensive :) And they have a spa too...

Tinkerfan4ever

I went on my first solo trip Dec 2013. I wanted to stay at a resort we had never stayed at, so I booked Coronado Springs. I really liked it. The pool was outstanding, the rooms were very nice, lots of amenities. On the day I left, it was so nice to sit in the hammock and just relax. I am glad I stayed there, and would definitely go there again!

miltimo5

I am currently planning my 3rd "solo" trip... and i stay in a value...first time was Pop Century, then All Star Movies and now All Star Music. Since i am going solo, and paying the entire room bill myself, staying for 14 nights, i prefer to use the extra money for extras since i am going during the FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL. Waiting right now for the special events list for the time I will be there. You will love going solo. when i decide i want to skip out of a park to go to a resort for lunch, or go to Beaches & Cream for ice cream, or just sitting on a bench and watching people go by...

jaklgreen

I am currently planning my 3rd "solo" trip... and i stay in a value...first time was Pop Century, then All Star Movies and now All Star Music. Since i am going solo, and paying the entire room bill myself, staying for 14 nights, i prefer to use the extra money for extras since i am going during the FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL. Waiting right now for the special events list for the time I will be there. You will love going solo. when i decide i want to skip out of a park to go to a resort for lunch, or go to Beaches & Cream for ice cream, or just sitting on a bench and watching people go by...

I am going from Oct 19- Nov1 solo for the food and wine fest too. When are you going to be there?

disney4life2008

I earn my PhD May 2015 - and I am planning a solo trip. I am going to splurge for one night at Contemporary or GF. Then I am boarding a flight to China or the UK for a week :)

shuflemstr

All of my solo trips have been at Wilderness Lodge. Their Club level is cheaper than the others. I only stay club level on solo trips because I hate eating by myself. I love WL but my favorite is OKW

WDWoptmist

Oh man if I was on my own I would probably stay at Yacht Club and just hang out at the pool and Crew's Cup and make friends spend sometime relaxing around Epcot and of course eating my freaking heart out!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom