where to watch english soccer in wdw?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ack! It's only one game. A little WD-40 is all that they need. Wait a few weeks and watch the victories mount up like dollars in A-Rod's paycheck. Sit back and enjoy their season as they work toward a championship.To quote Bluto Blutarsky, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?".

1/162 of a season. Besides, I'm happier Ortiz hit a home run in April than upset they lost the game.....:)

rsoxguy

1/162 of a season. Besides, I'm happier Ortiz hit a home run in April than upset they lost the game.....:)

This is what I'm saying. We have a great team, and Jacoby Ribs are not on the dinner menu. A little patience and we'll be ordering championship t-shirts and key rings in no time. (OK, I admit that I'm a little over-excited about baseball season starting)

redshoesrock

I can think of at least two authentic English pubs in Kissimmee owned by Brits, serving English pub food, and play nothing but "English soccer" on their televisions. From [insert WDW hotel here], I'd say it's about a twenty/twenty-five minute drive to either of them. If you're willing to go off-property, let me know and I can get the addresses for you.

flavious27

Forget about watching trying to find a place to watch soccer, where can I find a place on property to watch a f1 gp while sipping down a pint?

dave&di

Forget about watching trying to find a place to watch soccer, where can I find a place on property to watch a f1 gp while sipping down a pint?

Now your talking! I love F1 but have worked on Sundays for the past 8 yrs and can't be as dedicated as I used to be. Is F1 popular in America, I know NASCAR is the thing there?

Dangeresque

Now your talking! I love F1 but have worked on Sundays for the past 8 yrs and can't be as dedicated as I used to be. Is F1 popular in America, I know NASCAR is the thing there?

All F1 races are broadcast on the SpeedChannel live in the US in HD. They start at either 12 midnite to 7:00 am depending on where the race is. I don't think Disney has Speed on their lineup and good luck finding a bar open at 7:00 am on a Sunday morning that has it on.

Jimmy Thick

I have watched my beloved Man U at Raglan Road several times, if its not on ask them to put it on.

Jimmy Thick- and all the fools..sailed away....

Jimmy Thick

I called but they said they have no tvs. Odd.

Um, you sure about that?

41583_139220809421998_7811_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139220809421998

I like the MASSIVE TV part myself.

Jimmy Thick- Lepwned....

smw

Original Poster
Weird. It was a dude with an Irish accent.

"Hey, do you guys show epl games on the weekends?"
"No, sorry. We don't have any televisions."

I'll call again.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I'll call again.

That was for the World Cup. it may not be an everyday occurrence for them to have TVs available.....

flavious27

Well we are getting a GP, though it is a tilke cookie cutter and it is in texas. There was a rumor that the average viewership was 600k per race in 2010. Though I don't know if that was neilson and or it includes DVR. I worked on sundays before so I usually watched what was tivoed unless it was an asian gp that started at 1 am.

flavious27

All F1 races are broadcast on the SpeedChannel live in the US in HD. They start at either 12 midnite to 7:00 am depending on where the race is. I don't think Disney has Speed on their lineup and good luck finding a bar open at 7:00 am on a Sunday morning that has it on.

7 am? Try any time from 1 am on. That is the hardest part is staying up until the race starts or waking up early. I avoided all forms of the net on a race sunday if I taped a race, did not want any spoilers.

Jimmy Thick

I'll call again.

Maybe you called the Raglan Road in Ireland.

Jimmy Thick-and I'm jello baaaaby...

Testtrack321

You might want to check the TV schedules for ESPN, Fox Soccer Channel, and Fox Soccer Plus.

This is a good source:
http://www.thequake.com/thespur.html

He lists all the Spurs games on US television and online, and also provides some good links.

In addition check out http://www.epltalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule/ for a schedule.

Raglan Road should show the games, I highly doubt Rose & Crown would show it, and ESPN might depending on who's broadcasting the game.

Best bet would be to go to a bar off property. Call ahead to see if they have the channel it'll be on and if they'll show it.

Hope that helps some.

(Yes, I've tried to remove any team bias from this post)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
In addition check out http://www.epltalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule/ for a schedule.

Raglan Road should show the games, I highly doubt Rose & Crown would show it, and ESPN might depending on who's broadcasting the game.

Best bet would be to go to a bar off property. Call ahead to see if they have the channel it'll be on and if they'll show it.

Hope that helps some.

(Yes, I've tried to remove any team bias from this post)

I called as well. The very nice lady said the only time they broadcasted games was for the World Cup. Other than that, they don't have TVs in the establishment.

smw

Original Poster
I'd rather not leave property, just for transportation and time issues. I'll have it recording back home, so we'll just have to see how badly we want to watch when the time comes. Bummer that it's such a pain, though.

Thanks for all the input.

Jimmy Thick

I'd rather not leave property, just for transportation and time issues. I'll have it recording back home, so we'll just have to see how badly we want to watch when the time comes. Bummer that it's such a pain, though.

Thanks for all the input.

I called too, someone with a British accent told me they have TV's in the bar area, and they will have 1 million dollars in small denominations baked inside the next Shepard's pie I order.

Jimmy Thick- I'll come to your emotional rescue...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom