Where to stay for one night???

afavro24

Hello everyone, I will try to make this quick and to the point. My family (18 people total) are head to WDW and staying at Kidani Village in AKL for 7 days. My wife and I will not be together for our 1 yr anniversary this year (which is 2 days after we get back), but we have the opportunity to go one day earlier than everyone and pick any resort on the property to stay in. I am going to try to make reservations at California grill and already spoke with the the disney dining people about having the bakery recreate the top of our wedding cake and bringing it to us for desert. OK... the question is, where do we stay. We will have luggage for all 7 days, but could stay in any resort for one night (from 5pm until checkout the next day). Is this a hassle or should we just stay in AKL so it is less moving? Thanks in advance!!

P.S. 80 days!!!

cdunbar

I personally would pick a hotel based upon things that you both enjoy, like if you enjoy the water try the beach club, or the boardwalk. If you guys like the magic kingdom stay at the Contemporary, Poly, or Grand Floridan. If I could stay one place one night with a spouse, it would be the Grand Floridian because it's a very romantic hotel in my opinion. I know I haven't really answered your question but I hope I've given you an idea on how to choose. :) And congrats on your 1st anniversary.

Upvote 0

afavro24

Original Poster
Thank you very much!! We had actually discussed the GF. My only issue is what to do with the luggage at check out the next day?

Upvote 0

eroyee

I vote for the POLY. and you can have your luggage sent over to Kidani Village the next day. they will deliver it there. Disney is magical. they can do anything! Plus, you can take the monorail to your ressies at the CAli Grill...and watch the fireworks on the beach that night....

Upvote 0

afavro24

Original Poster
So true that disney is magical. After looking into it, I think we might stay at the beach club. Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We do the resort-switch fairly often -- most recently a couple years ago when my sister and I split our trip between the Poly and POR. It's definitely not a huge hassle to move resorts, just as long as you plan accordingly (give yourself a little extra time the morning of your change, make sure you have whatever you need for the immediate future in a bag you'll be carrying instead of sending with the bell services, etc.) Our luggage usually made the transfer within a couple of hours (but by then we were already at the parks.) :)

I think you'll enjoy the Beach Club, it's among my favorites.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I f it were me I would go ahead and check in to the resort of the rest of my stay. You can go ahead and settle in, unpack and start your vacation. If you go to a different resort you will basically be living out of your suitcase for one night then instead of just getting up early and getting off to the parks you will have to get everything packed up for the move. Most likely your bags will be there early in the day but it could also arrive late.

Upvote 0
How many times will you get the chance to stay at ANY resort you'd like for one night? Wherever you choose, make it count - I don't think it's a huge hassle to move hotels, especially if it's just you and your wife. In fact, you might want to have a small duffel bag that holds just what you and she will need for a night - that way all your other bags can stay stacked against the wall and you can work out of your duffel. Just a thought - and thinking about a MK View room at the Contemporary or Poly or GF...makes me tear up.

Have fun with the family - our family of 17 went in June of 2008 - we had an absolutely magical time. Our shirts with a top ten list on the back may've been corny, but it sure got us noticed - and gave people something to read while we were waiting in line! :wave:

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

It really depends on what park you want to go to that day--after all, it IS only one day, so you are limited to one park (naturally).

I'm assuming you will already be going to DAK, because you will be staying at Kidani with your family for the other 7 days.

In that case, if you like Magic Kingdom I reccomend staying at GF, due to the monorail circle, and just the overall elegance of it. Add in the lake-pageant, a nice dinner at Victoria and Al's, and you have yourself a (pricey?) but romantic anniversary :)

On the other hand, if you are more of an EPCOT fan, I would reccomend staying at the Dolphin/Swan hotel. The Swan has a nice sushi restaurant, but whichever hotel fits you really. I would choose the Dolphin and then try to get ADR's for dinner in WS. If you like DHS, do the same, but try to get an ADR at restaurant that you guys like. Maybe Hollywood n' Vine? IMO EPCOT has better restaurants, so if you're going to DHS, you might as well take the boat to EPCOT and eat there.

Well, thats my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

dizzney

We've stayed at GF for our anniversary in the past, ask for an attic room overlooking MK, its a wodnerful and private location,

And tell them the next day you are transferring to AKL and they will move your luggage for you, we've done that a number of times, so easy.

Have a wodnerful time, we're heading down for our anniversary in august 5 nights without kids at the Boardwalk with Boardwalk view, and dinner at Victoria and Alberts!

Upvote 0
OK, picture this. Romantic dinner at the California Grill....watching the fireworks either from your window table or the outdoor viewing area as the summer breeze blows through your hair.

Enjoying cocktails and/or wine paired to your dining selections. Capping it off with a replica of the cake you shared on your wedding day. Now, after that, do you want to get a cab to the BC, take the monorail and switch to a bus, or .......take an elevator down a few floors to your tower room at the Contemporary....letting the mood continue...as you look out of your MK view room to the castle in the distance.

Think about it. The Contemporary Tower rooms are elegant, modern, and really close.

Enjoy.

PS: We'll be at AKL on the 10th as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom