Where to start

twinmom34

I am planning a 2nd trip to WDW this summer. The first year we went a friend basically gave me a daily itinerary of what to do, that friend is now lost in the internet world (you know those friends you make in forums and then loose track of???)! I don't know where to start :( and want this to be a great experience for my girls!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Follow up the "makeover" with dinner IN THE CASTLE with the Princesses...well...that's a night to remember for an 8 year old on their second trip (and a Mommy too, imho).

Upvote 0
Impressive, @englanddg! Planning is the most fun part for me.

@twinmom34 (or anyone interested for that matter), I have an Excel spreadsheet that you can easily access during your trip without logging in to MDE (which can get annoying for me, sometimes). If you don't mind private messaging me your email address, I'm happy to send it to you so when you make FP+ reservations, it's all listed out and easy to see.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...

@twinmom34 (or anyone interested for that matter), I have an Excel spreadsheet that you can easily access during your trip without logging in to MDE (which can get annoying for me, sometimes). If you don't mind private messaging me your email address, I'm happy to send it to you so when you make FP+ reservations, it's all listed out and easy to see.
I used Google Docs before MDE existed...but yeah, same theory (grin).

Upvote 0
I'm just a visual person and need it all in a one screen view to plan. I've found it really useful the past two times we've been and have it started for Oct. 2015, too. #Disneygeek #notashamed

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, here's the run down.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/downtown-disney/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique-downtown/

But, I'll summarize.

The Crown - $60 per kid

Hair, makeup and face gems (my kiddo adored the face gems for some reason), sash and tote, nail polish

Courtyard - $95 per kid

Hair, makeup, sash and tote, nail police, t-shirt and tutu (ahem...rip off, just get the base package)

Castle Package - $195 per kid

Speeeenzive. Hair, makeup, sash and tote, nail polish, but here's the kicker, one complete costume. It also includes photos.

Now, how and why did I justify the cost of the latter (note, I say justify?) Well, the kiddo used that same dress for her halloween costume...and they market it at park retail. Also, the park dresses are, on average, better quality than the ones you'll find at TRS/Walmart/Target. They last longer (though kids grow out of them quickly). The point is, since we went in August, the kiddo also got a heck of a Halloween costume, so we spent literally zero dollars for Halloween. It still doesn't work out as a "savings" way to do it, but it helped recoup some of the costs in our larger family budget.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Myself, I'd just get them costumes at Target (if that) and do the base package.

(ahem...that's why the kiddo only went to BBB on the one trip her mother joined us)

But, budget thinking aside, she adored the experience, and I can see why.

Upvote 0

twinmom34

Original Poster
While I think the costume is a cute idea, I am afraid the princesses will melt in a costume in August. I plan to look for a plain sundress to wear with their sash??? But, might...just might end up with the costume purchase. Not sure on that yet. As far as BBB, it's a definite! I forgot about seeing them last time we went and it being a too late to plan type of scenario.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As a side note, you can get the hair/glitter treatment at the Barber Shop on Main Street (many Disney Mommy Bloggers will point you to that). And, it is cheaper. But, it's not the same as being INSIDE THE CASTLE getting made over.

At least that's how I'd think if I was an 8 year old "princess"...

But, I mention it as an option.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
While I think the costume is a cute idea, I am afraid the princesses will melt in a costume in August. I plan to look for a plain sundress to wear with their sash??? But, might...just might end up with the costume purchase. Not sure on that yet. As far as BBB, it's a definite! I forgot about seeing them last time we went and it being a too late to plan type of scenario.
That's partially why you do it late in the day then do dinner in the air conditioned castle.

One idea is to Disneybound the Sundress. They'll get comments from CMs and the like if you do that (Disneybounding is fad right now).

Upvote 0

twinmom34

Original Poster

I appreciate all the help I can get! But, I think I will use my smart phone b/c looking at a spreadsheet would be a little overwhelming to me.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Looking at your food plans you suggested, what about on the "free days"? Any places you highly recommend to eat?
I'll break this down by area by things that I think two 8 year olds would like the best aside from things I already mentioned. All TS.

DTD

T-Rex (even if girls, it's more stunning than Rainforest, and my kiddo vastly prefers it)
Rainforest
Raglan Road (the nighttime entertainment is a fun Parent/Child thing, though my kid isn't fond of the food)
Bongos (when they have the band going, this is just amazingly fun)

MK

Aside from Cindy's and BoG, MK really doesn't have much to offer as far as dining...HOWEVER...the resorts around it do. So, in order...Luau at Poly (this is 2 TS credits or an OOP if you don't want to use your DP for it). Yes, just yes, do this.

California Grill during Wishes is nice, but the kiddo didn't really enjoy it as much as I did. It's a bit too "fancy".

Hoop dee Doo at Ft. Wilderness. I loved this, but my kiddo thought it was hokey. Her exact phrase after the experience was "Hoop dee doo? Whoop dee doo..."

EP

Teppan Eto
Biergarten
Marrakesh (the food is exotic, but my kiddo enjoyed the dancing and getting called up to dance with the live entertainers...the first trip)

AK

Nah, nothing. AK is boring when it comes to Dining.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twinmom34

Original Poster
Thank you! It was my goal to get a rough draft taken care of this weekend and this is a great start! I better get to bed or I am going to be dragging tomorrow at soccer! I've scribbled tons of notes from tonight's convo! I bet I have more questions tomorrow :)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank you! It was my goal to get a rough draft taken care of this weekend and this is a great start! I better get to bed or I am going to be dragging tomorrow at soccer! I've scribbled tons of notes from tonight's convo! I bet I have more questions tomorrow :)
Lots of people here willing to help. You've tapped into a whole community of people who have taken 8 year olds to Disney before.

Good luck, and glad to help!

And, nomatter what you end up doing, I'm sure you all will have a blast (or in Disney terms, a Magical Time)!

Upvote 0

ThatBrunette

@twinmom34 keep asking questions. The people on this group are great with suggestions about trip planning (@englanddg is very good).

Before my niece an nephews went on their first trip, I gave them Disney gift cards to use for fun spending in the parks. Even though you've already planned a fabulous trip, this might be a good option for your twins. My niece was told by her mom that if she wanted anything outside of meals and planned events, she had to spend her own money. The gift card (they can now be loaded on to the bands) let her have some independence when buying souvenirs. She could make her own decisions and didn't have to ask mom for money.

Can you be my mom, too? Great plans.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom