where to park?

Chrononymous

I am staying off site for this trip, and we are going to be park hopping for three days.I am used to all the inside transportation stuff.(boats, busses, monorail) because I usually stay onsite.
so I was wondering where the best place to park each day would be?
The first park we hit...or the last one we will end up at? Or at a resort? Or..?

The plan will probably be start each day early at Mk, DHS, DAK, on each of the three mornings we have...spend afternoons in MK, and evenings in Epcot.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I am staying off site for this trip, and we are going to be park hopping for three days.I am used to all the inside transportation stuff.(boats, busses, monorail) because I usually stay onsite.
The first park we hit...or the last one we will end up at? Or at a resort? Or..?

The plan will probably be start each day early at Mk, DHS, DAK, on each of the three mornings we have...spend afternoons in MK, and evenings in Epcot.
I guess it all really depends on if you'd prefer to get up early or stay up late. I think my preference would be to park at Epcot if I were ending the night there. But alternately, once you pay for parking you can move your car between parks- you get a pass to put in your window. That is probably you're most cut and dry option.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

If you are not a guest at a resort or have an ADR, the guard may turn you away. Like @Tinkerbell397 and @Eeyore suggested, I would park at the last park you plan on visiting. I know after a long day in the parks, I wouldn't want to have to ride Disney transportation back to the park I left my car at to then have to ride a tram to get to my car.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Why not park at Downtown Disney (or as they call it now, Disney Springs). It's free and you'll be able to catch a bus to any of the parks or resorts.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Why not park at Downtown Disney (or as they call it now, Disney Springs). It's free and you'll be able to catch a bus to any of the parks or resorts.
There are no buses to the parks from Disney Springs. It is to prevent folks from parking there to avoid the parking fee...not to mention parking at Disney Springs and going elsewhere takes up a space for guests who DO want to visit Disney Springs.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Really, I thought there were. My mistake.

I guess you can go to a resort from Disney Springs and from there to the parks.
In my opinion, that seems like a lot of hassle and wasted time for a trip that is only 3 days long to begin with. Anytime I've stayed at a Disney resort the bus trip to Disney Springs took at minimum 45 minutes usually closer to an hour. I know the parking fee is expensive but personally I'd rather just pay it to avoid using the Disney busses, especially if my time was limited.

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

This is why I always tell new members not to trust info given from other members just because they are "well-known members". "Well-known member" is very misleading because information is trusted when the member actually has no idea what they are talking about. We have a lot of Experts here and I wish they were labeled as such so newbies would know who to trust. "Well-known member" certainly does not mean the same as expert as illustrated by this post. Anyone who knows even a little about WDW knows that there are not buses to the parks from DS and why.

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

Really, I thought there were. My mistake.

I guess you can go to a resort from Disney Springs and from there to the parks.
Or do what an honest person would do and pay the parking fee at one park and move your car as needed during the day. The only reason you would park at Disney Springs and then go through all of that to get to a park is to avoid the fee that everybody else pays. If you find the parking fee to be to much then please stay at home.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
There's nothing dishonest about parking in downtown disney, and visiting other properties and parks. If you have a problem with that, then feel free to pay to park. I on the other hand enjoy downtown disney and I like the option to visit other parts of the property.

Clearly you don't like my advice and that's fine, but I'm not being dishonest.

Upvote 0

SAV

I'm curious as to why you just wouldn't use your car to get from park to park and then you have it with you at every place you stop? Just because you used Disney Transportation in the past, nothing says it is the best thing to do in your off-site situation.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
This is why I always tell new members not to trust info given from other members just because they are "well-known members". "Well-known member" is very misleading because information
My title does not mean I know everything, but rather its a post count indicator. I suspect you may have been unaware of this, but given my level of activity, it's a measurement involvement.

I'll be the first to admit, I do not know everything, but I learn everyday by coming here and getting advice and where I feel I can offer some helpful advise I shall, instead of condemning other members as you have.

At this point, I'll leave this thread as I see no further good coming from continuing this discussion

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

There's nothing dishonest about parking in downtown disney, and visiting other properties and parks. If you have a problem with that, then feel free to pay to park. I on the other hand enjoy downtown disney and I like the option to visit other parts of the property.

Clearly you don't like my advice and that's fine, but I'm not being dishonest.
That absolutely is dishonest. It's cheap and dishonest. Just because you can get away with breaking a rule or policy doesn't mean you should break the rule or policy.

Upvote 0

loriloughs

As others have said, parking at Epcot always worked best for us. Our MO was usually to park at Epcot and do another park in the morning. We would take Disney transportation to and from the a.m. park, return to Epcot and our car was already there. And if you go early enough you may get a good parking space. Taking your car from park to park may take more time than Disney transportation depending on time of year you are going.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom