Where to live?

MalMeansBad

Original Poster
I'm looking to move in the next year or two and I'd love to move somewhere near enough to WDW that I could spend weekends there. But here's the catch- I'd prefer not to live in Florida. Any suggestions?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Unless you wanted to live in Tallahassee Florida (which is basically South Georgia because it in no way resembles the rest of Florida), I think your only option would be Georgia.

Which is why we call this area FloGeorgia.... ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
As @PrincessRachelT suggested, I'd try Tallahassee. Major university, the best football team (sorry @21stamps, the U will loose again this year, along with the Gators), small town feel, only 2 hours away from the best beaches, period, amazing craft beer scene. And just a four hour drive from WDW. However, it bites trying to fly anywhere from here.

ETA: you don't want to live in Georgia, unless you like paying state income taxes

Last edited:

21stamps

As @PrincessRachelT suggested, I'd try Tallahassee. Major university, the best football team (sorry @21stamps, the U will loose again this year, along with the Gators), small town feel, only 2 hours away from the best beaches, period, amazing craft beer scene. And just a four hour drive from WDW. However, it bites trying to fly anywhere from here.
I'm going to choose to ignore the mistaken football comment.. ;)

OP... there is absolutely no logical reason to live in Florida and not be on the coast. Don't listen to them!!! ;)
Stay Georgia or Jacksonville..or anywhere on the coast of North Florida.. it's really just an extension of Georgia up there, I will agree with that statement.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm going to choose to ignore the mistaken football comment.. ;)

OP... there is absolutely no logical reason to live in Florida and not be on the coast. Don't listen to them!!! ;)
Stay Georgia or Jacksonville..or anywhere on the coast of North Florida.. it's really just an extension of Georgia up there, I will agree with that statement.

Sorry, Stamps, OUR coast in Florida beats the East Coast..... I've been to beaches in Jax, Daytona, Cocoa, all the way down to Miami. Gulf beaches are much better...

Only a few more months until we can fire up the talk about that subject that always seems to get our hands slapped..... ;)

21stamps

Sorry, Stamps, OUR coast in Florida beats the East Coast..... I've been to beaches in Jax, Daytona, Cocoa, all the way down to Miami. Gulf beaches are much better...

Only a few more months until we can fire up the talk about that subject that always seems to get our hands slapped..... ;)
I'll agree that the panhandle beaches are better than the east coast... UNTIL you get to Jupiter.. then everything is better from there on south.
Plus, warmer weather, better sports teams, iguanas, crocodiles, pythons, close to the Bahamas, the Keys, beautiful plants, and trees.. what else could you ask for?

I started a 2017 thread already.. only posted a coaches article..nothing too interesting yet..but we're getting closer!! (Sorry op and moderators)lol

EOD K9

ETA: you don't want to live in Georgia, unless you like paying state income taxes
As talented as FSU's QB is, the best football team is currently the reigning National Champions. Go Tigers!

After the season starts, we will discuss again. Although FSU is going to be tough this year.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The question to ask is, why the move? Finishing school and looking for employment? You need to look at employment numbers...I think Georgia would be better than Florida, in that instance.

LAKid53

Premium Member
As talented as FSU's QB is, the best football team is currently the reigning National Champions. Go Tigers!

After the season starts, we will discuss again. Although FSU is going to be tough this year.

Don't tell Nick that....

*Piglet*

How bout Kingsland Georgia. Several years back when my family drove to Walt Disney World we stopped over there for a night and it seemed like a nice little town. I think it was just over the Florida border into Georgia. Like it was the last exit before going into Florida. Seemed pretty nice even though I was only there for 1 day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom