Where to head to first in each park

Rose99

I apologize if this has been covered and I would bet it has :brick:
But if someone (or more) could list which attractions to "run" to first at each of the 4 major parks I would soooo appreciate it ! As my first trip with 3 of my 4 children and a single mom :king: I have sooooo much to do and I'm running out of time to research this part. Thank-you in advance !!! :wave::wave:

plaz10

Disney's Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania
followed by Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and lastly Star Tours.

Magic Kingdom - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain
unless your kids are all very young then go to Fantasyland first and ride Peter Pan's Flight then the other FL rides.

Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest

EPCOT - Soarin' and Test Track

My advice would be to go to these rides as soon as the park opens and get either a Fastpass or jump in the standby line. If it's a ride I really love (like Toy Story Mania and Soarin') we'll grab FPs and then go wait in standby as well.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Rose99

Original Poster
Thank-you !! I tried to make breakfast reservations for before the park opens ( the oldest won't be thrilled when I tell her :goodnevil LOL) in some of the parks. Do they allow you to head off after your done and you can wait by the ride or is there some other protocal (sp) ? :shrug:

Upvote 0

t_catt11

Above info is dead on - though I might suggest Star Tours as #2 in DHS, these days.

If you are in the parks before they officially open, you can only go "so far" - the paths are blocked by ropes that drop when the park opens (which is where the term "rope drop" comes from).

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

As for the dining part- while you can't wait in front of the ride, certain pre-park opening dining puts you in better places than others for that rope drop rush. For example, Hollywood & Vine at DHS really wouldn't give you any advantage, Akershus at Epcot puts you in the World Showcase- i.e. a walk from the entrance vs. from Norway is likely quicker, Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace for an early breakfast get you either at the end of Main Street or the beginning of Fantasyland- depending on which you choose, and Tusker House felt like it would give the best adavantage...especially for the safari (although Everest isn't a horribly long walk from that point either).

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Plaz10 was dead on with the answers. My only additional advice is to go to Soarin' first and grab fast passes and then run across over to Test Track. Since my family knows the way of the land really well one person normally goes to Soarin' with all the tickets to get the FPs and then meets the rest right in front of TT. Saves most of the family the running across the park. Also, if you're going during non-peak season, I've noticed that ToT doesn't accumulate a huge line. So head to TSM first, then RnRC and then ToT or Star Tours.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

rkelly42

Magic Kingdom... SGE, Country Bears Jamboree
Epcot... Ellen
DHS... Sounds Dangerous, Backlot Tour
AK... Jungle Trek's, Conservation Station
.. oh wait supposed to be what to head to first or last?

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

Last year, we had an ADR for Akershus at 8:20am. My family walks fast and we were the first family to check in and be seated when they opened at 8am. We finished up and were on our way to TT before the park opened. It was great! The family of the day hadn't reached TT yet. When they drove up, that was neat to see in it self, the CM told us to wait a minute and then just blend in with the rest of the crowd. It was a great start to the day.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Rose99

Original Poster
As for the dining part- while you can't wait in front of the ride, certain pre-park opening dining puts you in better places than others for that rope drop rush. For example, Hollywood & Vine at DHS really wouldn't give you any advantage, Akershus at Epcot puts you in the World Showcase- i.e. a walk from the entrance vs. from Norway is likely quicker, Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace for an early breakfast get you either at the end of Main Street or the beginning of Fantasyland- depending on which you choose, and Tusker House felt like it would give the best adavantage...especially for the safari (although Everest isn't a horribly long walk from that point either).
It's funny I have ADR's for every one of these (well Crystal Palace not CRT). But I guess if we can finish up early we can get to the area closest to what we want and wait there.

We have 28 more days......

Thank you everyone !!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

With all of the planning and running around... remember to have FUN!!! Also, take lots of pictures! I talk to so many people who "forget" to take pictures because they get so caught up in what they are doing.

I hope you have a blast!!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

It all depends on the audience. If your group is all thrill seekers, hit the big rides early. If they are kids, then the directions change. I am going with my DD5 in Sept. If things go as I suspect, it will be like this...

MK (In order): Dumbo, Peter Pan, Race cars, Tea Cups, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, maybe Splash Mtn, Haunted Mansion, and stopping any where and everywhere for characters, street shows, and Castle performances.

Epcot: Nemo, SSE, Akershus breakfast, charcter meet and greet, and that may be it.

DHS: TSMM (absolutely first), Little Mermaid Show, Star Wars hopefully, B&tB, characters, parade

AK: KS, FotLK, Nemo, TS, Nemo, jungle treks, KRR, street performers, characters, MJJP

Upvote 0

Korfar

Go against the flow in the MK. Take a left at the end of Main Street and do the Adventure land attractions. If you get there right when it opens that part of the park is dead. Walk on for everything. By the time you get to Tomorrow land all those people are where you just were and walk on everything there. Of course the time of year you go makes a difference in crowd levels but most people turn right when they enter parks so go left instead.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

It partly depends how busy the parks are and your personal preferences. I would absolutely go for Kilimanjaro Safari first at AK as the queue can be very long and there are a lot more animals around early in the day before it gets too hot. Everest doesn't seem to get too busy for the first couple of hours after the park opens when we go, we often do the safari, stroll over to Everest and have two or three walk-on rides before the line builds up.

At Magic Kingdom, we go with the usual Splash/Space/Big Thunder apart from one day, when we head right to the Astro Orbiter, the queue for this is notoriously slow moving and we like to get there for first ride. It is definately worth doing, the views are lovely - and you get a peep at whats happening over in Fantasyland.

Have a fantastic time - and remeber to relax, take time to enjoy it :wave:

Upvote 0

Yodadudeman

Magic Kingdom - Splash/Thunder/ or Space Mountain
EPCOT - Either Test Track or Soarin'
Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania (This one is pretty crucial)
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

When going to Hollywood Studios, make sure that you hit Toy Story Mania first!! This ride gets super crowded very quickly.

Upvote 0
where 2 first

I apologize if this has been covered and I would bet it has :brick:
But if someone (or more) could list which attractions to "run" to first at each of the 4 major parks I would soooo appreciate it ! As my first trip with 3 of my 4 children and a single mom :king: I have sooooo much to do and I'm running out of time to research this part. Thank-you in advance !!! :wave::wave:

at m.k since you have kids, go thru castle do small world, snow white, dumbo (very hot) winnie pooh then head to space mountain. then car of prgess then buzz spin then monster inc to beat the heat. then head to splash mountain then thunder mountain then pirates or country bears

Upvote 0
hollywood studio

at m.k since you have kids, go thru castle do small world, snow white, dumbo (very hot) winnie pooh then head to space mountain. then car of prgess then buzz spin then monster inc to beat the heat. then head to splash mountain then thunder mountain then pirates or country bears

at h.s go 2 toy story mainia first even tho u will pass mermaid and others . lines get really long at tsm .. star tours 2nd

Upvote 0

Rose99

Original Poster
Thank- you soo much ! The kids are DD17, DD8 and DS6, so height requirements for the 6 year old may play into this :( He's a thrill seeker so if he can make it he'll ride it ! He's been measuring himself every day and even trying on different sneakers to see if that helps !! :ROFLOL:

I only know that I'd like to do splash mountain before we head back to resort for mid day break because of the wet factor. We'll be there Aug 24-31 and thats as far as I got with my itinerary for rides !!:rolleyes: until now !!:animwink:
I'm besides myself with excitement !! I'm having the oldest DS25 come over to stay with the pets and he's a little ticked he's not going :brick: Oh well.... maybe next time ! Listen to me "next time"..... I need to worry about getting through our "first time"!!
OK I'll stop now I tend to ramble when I'm excited:zipit:

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom