Where to get Hair Wraps?

yensid66

We are going to WDW in November and my 8 year old daughter is wanting to get a hair wrap while there. If you do not know what this is, it is when they wrap like yarn in with little (or big) girls hair for a fancy little hair do, usually in one single braid. We have tried to do this at other theme parks (like there are any others) but they always seem to be closed when we get to the store or stand that does it. Does anyone know if they do this anywhere on WDW property. Thanks in advance for the assistance!! :wave:

AriBelle23

I know for a fact they do it at Port Orleans-French Quater right in front of Jackson Square Gifts and they do it somehwere in Adventureland by Pirates because girls always have them done in line For The Jungle Cruise and I always ask where they get them done at. Also, you could always check the barber shop on Main Street. They do all kinds of different crazy things there. :) Have fun!

Upvote 0

shari71

At Port Orleans Riverside they usually have a cart outside the Main eating area next to the lake. Haven't been there in two years (going again in Oct) so I don't know if they still have it.

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Downtown Disney has a spot near the Disney Home store, and there's one in Adventureland at MK as I recall...and most of the resorts have 'em around the pool or somewhere... :) LOL, they're tougher to miss than to find, you should have no problem :D

Upvote 0

Tara Mae

Hair Wraps are all over the place, but they are hidden, you blink and you miss them, really.

Let's see:
Old Key West Resort, by the pool area
Magic Kingdom: Near Pirates of the Caribbean...I think near the shop
Animal Kingdom: Sorry, don't know the exact pinpointed location. :(

And I bet there are many more...Downtown Disney, perhaps?

Upvote 0

yensid66

Original Poster
Thank you all for the help. It sounds like we should be able to find them without a big problem. I appreciate it!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hey yensid66, you should be able to find them easily...our girls had them done at Pop Century, while my niece had it done at Pirates. I didn't notice a price difference, although they are pricey and at the resorts, the spots fill up much more quickly in the late evenings.

PS GO CARDS!!!
(I see your from O'Fallon, we are near Alton Il)

Upvote 0

yensid66

Original Poster
Dwarful said:
Hey yensid66, you should be able to find them easily...our girls had them done at Pop Century, while my niece had it done at Pirates. I didn't notice a price difference, although they are pricey and at the resorts, the spots fill up much more quickly in the late evenings.

PS GO CARDS!!!
(I see your from O'Fallon, we are near Alton Il)

Thanks Dwarful, by the way, do you remember what the price is? Not that it matters I think. :lol:

Yes, we are practically neighbors!!! Go Cards!!! And I bleed Blue too!!!

Upvote 0

yensid66

Original Poster
Kadee said:
I don't know where you are staying, but Caribbean Beach does (or did the last time we where there) right by their main pool.

We are staying at Fort Wilderness campground this year, are you, or anyone else aware if they do it there?

Upvote 0

Journey

yensid66 said:
We are staying at Fort Wilderness campground this year, are you, or anyone else aware if they do it there?

I stayed at FW the first of July and I don't recall seeing one. sorry!

By the way, How much do those wraps price out, by the inch?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yes I believe we paid $1.50 per inch. But the beads are extra and depending on which style you pick the prices range from about .25 cents to $5.00 per bead. We did just a few beads and shoulder length hair and I think it was about $15 per girl. They have lasted a long time though.

Upvote 0
How about haird braiding not hair wraps? I really want to get all my hair braided do they do this anywherein wdw.... I did that once in cancun when i went it look awesome! I would love to do it on this vacation...Hope they have it!

Upvote 0

Tara Mae

I think at the Hair Wrap place in the Magick Kingdom near Pirates they also do hair braiding, I'm not quite sure.

As for price, I believe Hair Wraps are $1.50 per inch. But understand this: Those hair wraps? Hard to get out. You're either stuck cutting those pieces of hair or you're spending three days untangling the yarn. What I did was buy one of those premaid hair wraps that just clip into your hair: They look and feel real, no cutting involved:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom