Where to find Capt. Jack and the Power Rangers?

joelleharbert

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Power Rangers are still doing the character meet-n-greets at MK and MGM? If so, where at in each park? Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Power Rangers will be between the Streets of America and LMA at MGM. Captain Jack will be in front of PotC doing the pirate training show but I don't think he does meet n greets.

Mecha Figment

Jack does not meet with people. he literaly has to run when the show is over so women don't attack him. I talked to him shortly before he leaves and he commented that its quite difficult for him to do his show when women are hooting and hollaring at them. It also frustrates him because it's a childrens show and they make it pg 13

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Jack does not meet with people. he literaly has to run when the show is over so women don't attack him. I talked to him shortly before he leaves and he commented that its quite difficult for him to do his show when women are hooting and hollaring at them. It also frustrates him because it's a childrens show and they make it pg 13
Well it looks like my costume choice for MNSSHP will get me a bunch of attention this year.:D

drew81

and that's why I think they should get rid of the show and let him do sets. Guests want to meet him, not watch a show. Yes the show is enjoyable, but maybe let him do half & half. Half of the time do the show and half of the time do meet n greets. Disneyland has him out on set. Here is one of the most popular characters from a Disney movie in many years, that sells lots of merch and has a huge following and they decide to put him in a show. That makes no sense to me.

drew81

I totally know what you are saying, Mecha Figment.

I know he's in the MNSSHP parade this year. Anyword if he might be doing sets during the party??? I may get to meet him after parade anyways, but it would be nice to see him out by POC. Have you heard if any other rare characters might be at the party? I was really hoping Jack would be out this year.

joelleharbert

Original Poster

Are you telling me that adult women are throwing themselves at Capt. Jack (not even Johnny Depp, but a lookalike) and ruining the fun for the little ones? Shame on them! Now if it was actually Johnny Depp himself, well, then, shame on me, because I would have been one of those women!:lol:

ears2you

Are you telling me that adult women are throwing themselves at Capt. Jack (not even Johnny Depp, but a lookalike) and ruining the fun for the little ones? Shame on them! Now if it was actually Johnny Depp himself, well, then, shame on me, because I would have been one of those women!:lol:

I WAS one of those women! :lol:

Excuse me and my obsession......

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't see why they wouldn't let him meet. Other equity characters do meets.
From the previous answer "it is a union thing" it very well might not be in the contract. I don't know for certain but the cast member might get a higher pay scale for doing both a performance and a meet n greet or it might be in the contract that a cast member can't do both functions.

MissM

Are you telling me that adult women are throwing themselves at Capt. Jack (not even Johnny Depp, but a lookalike)
Sadly, it's not even a very good lookalike. I watched the show two weekends ago and while his costume and gestures were nice, his face was, well...pudgy. It didn't really look a lot like Jack. Which is a shame because Johnny Depp = hotness. :lol:
-m

stof911

not that i know of. i do know the rare sebastian and Flounder will be out for the princess party.

would someone tell me how a fish is to be a meet and greet character, i mean yeah, its cool but wont this go against rules of how big a character is, like i understand figment, it is of your imagination so it can be as big as he wants, but flounder is a fish and it definatley is smaller than donald will ever be, and then how is it to be seen, is it going to walk around on its flippers on the end of his body, anybody getting me on this

drew81

there are walk-a-rounds of Sebastian and Flounder!!! I've seen pics of them!!!I think MKT may have some pics of them from past events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom