Where to eat?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
I have some great ADRs but need one more. I have Ohana (2x) Akershus-Chef Mickeys-Tusker House-Whispering Canyon Cafe.. We have a 5 year old girl and a 9 year old boy. Any ideas?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you are looking for suggestions where kids can have fun:
Sci-Fi Dine In (novelty of watching movie clips in a car!)
50s Prime Time (novelty of watching TV at your table and interacting with the servers)
Biergarten (the performers are fun for kids to watch and dance to the music)
Coral Reef (watching the activity in the giant tank while you eat)

21stamps

Garden Grill or Crystal Palace if you want characters. T Rex in Disney Springs would probably be a hit with the kid's as well.
Oh, and Minnie's Holiday Dine at H&V if offered during your dates! We have only done the Disney Jr meal, but I tried like heck to get Minnie's Holiday Dine over the Christmas holidays.

zurgandfriend

They will love the view from the California Grill. Hoop de Doo is great. Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, as mentioned Biergarten is also fun.

danyoung56

The first place I thought of is the Coral Reef in Epcot. Decent to good seafood with a killer view out into the 6 million gallon aquarium. Your kids can see everything from turtles to sharks to sting rays - a very cool location!

carriebeth

Great ages for the buffet/family style dining. If your kids are like mine they love having the option to eat all they want and pick what they want to eat. My 9 year old boy was never satisfied with a kids meal at table service places.

Crystal Palace is good for breakfast but we did not care much for dinner.

we did 1900 park fare for dinner once. It was a more unique character experience but it was not our favorite as far as food selection. We have not done breakfast there but want to do to the unique character experience again (not mickey minnie etc)

Boma was nice but since you already have TUsker house, you might not want to do BOma as much of the food is the same, unless you do breakfast at one and dinner at the other

Garden grill at Epcot was a good family style choice with foods most kids would enjoy eating. The only thing that really ruined this experience for us was i specifially booked it because some of my kids LOVE Living with the Land. Garden Grill boasts you can view parts of Living with the Land as you dine. Well what i did not realize is that the restaurant is done in 2 teirs and the back one is interior and you can not see living with the Land. Guess where we were seated? INterior..couldn't see a thing. It was a disappointment.

If you want something other than buffet type we have enjoyed T rex for the experience. My 9 year old is into dinosaurs and wants to be an archeologist. So he liked it a lot. 50's Prime time is food my kids like a lot and its a fun experience. Sci Fi is also unique and anytime my kids can stare at a screen while eating...they love it no matter whats playing on it! We are doing Teppan Edo this year. SHould be entertaining for the kids to watch their food cooked in front of them.

You will be leaving on our arrival day this year! Get everything warmed up and broken in for us!!

s&k'smom

Whispering Canyon Cafe is fun if on the loud side but my kids would like that. They also loved Chef Mickey's for dinner as it has Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald last time we were there.

BackOTheLine

I throw in a second on sci-fi and Hoop de Doo. Our 6 year old loves both. She was especially enamored with Hoop de Doo. I would also say Whispering Canyon but only if you happen to be staying at Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure I would make it a destination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom