Where to eat?

I'm going to be visting MK and Epcot in the summer. I haven't been there in about 5 years so I was hoping someone could give me some sugestions as to the best places to eat considering quaility and atmosphere as the two main ingrediants. I'll be at MK two days and epcot one. Would probally like one nice sitdown meal per day. Anythoughts? thanks.

1stStarIC2nite

Mmmm... foooooodddddd!!! :D

Magic Kingdom: I love Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner!! Be prepared though, it tooks us almost 2 hours one time by the time we left and we didn't have much time to do other things :( I also like the Sleepy Hollow place in LS... the root beer floats are awesome!

Disney Studios: There's a place on Sunset Blvd. that has this BBQ chicken pizza... it's SOOO good, but I can't remember the name of the place....

AK: I also can't remember the place of this either, but it's a really nice restaraunt in Africa.. on side they had a bunch of stuff like a vegetarian sandwich (which was so good) then they also had a side with a bunch of sweet things and stuff...

Epcot: My sister and I really found a cute place to eat. It's in Paris.. it's kinda out of the way (from what I remember) and it's a little pastry shop. And we just got a quick little pastry thing for lunch and it was really good! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by barnum42
I had the bread bowl chowder in September last year. Has it now gone?

By and large I do not rate much of the food at Magic Kingdom - but Epcot has an abundance of tasty goodies. Alternatives to dining in Magic Kingdom, without going too far away and thus taking up part of your three days would be to try the resorts that you can easily get to via the monorail.

Click here for all the menus from the park

Yeah i went a couple of weekends ago and it was in a plastice bowl....im going to MK tomorrow so i will check if that was just a temporary thing .......

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
At the Magic Kingdom, my favorite table service restaurants are Tony's Town Square Restaurant and Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Royal Table is fine as well. As for counter service, I mostly always grab lunch at either Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe or Pecos Bill Cafe.

The only Future World table service restaurant I enjoy is the Coral Reef Restaurant. The Garden Grill isn't anything spectacular. The Electric Umbrella has your normal counter service offerings and is ok. As for the World Showcase, my favorite restaurants include Rose & Crown, Le Cellier, and L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante.

Upvote 0
At MK, your best bet is :

Breakfast: We like quick breakfasts, so we just grab a pastry at the Main Street Bakery.

Lunch: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe has salad, burgers, and chicken. They also have an awesome toppings bar!

Dinner: Cinderella's Royal Table is really nice.

At EPCOT, try:

Breakfast: ???

Lunch: In World Showcase, most of the countries have places where you can get something fast. It's a way to sample their food without wasting a dinner there!

Dinner: I love Alfredo's in Italy and Teppanyaki in Japan. Both of those are great dining experiences not to be missed!

Upvote 0

Disney2002

I think a good place to begin is by asking what type of cuisine you like.

With Epcot, I would never try Norway, since it's all fish. Others seem to love it.

I love German food, so that's always a treat (again, not a style of food for everyone). Mexico's meal was much better than what other people have reported as their experience. My personal favorite is Japan. Always fast and always excellent.

One place not to go.... Rainforest Cafe. Overpriced. Horrible quality. The only catch is the atmosphere... but it's Disney... haven't you seen enough animatronics by this point?!

Upvote 0

Huggups

Food! Now you're speaking my language.

MK - Not alot of good sitdown meals available in this park. Cinderella's Royal Table is a nice experience.

Epcot - IMO, some of the best restaurants in WDW are here.:lol:

Rose & Crown - personally my favorite. Great atmosphere and good food and drink. Great place to watch fireworks if you're lucky enough to reservations at dinner.

San Angel Inn - Beautiful and romantic atmosphere. Good food and terrific margaritas.

Le Cellier - Great food and relaxing atmosphere. Delicious cheddar cheese soup. Yummy food!

MGM - best place is Mama Melrose's. IMO the hidden jewel in WDW! Great flatbreads and yummy sangria. Fun place with cozy atmosphere.

50's Prime Time - fun place but a bit noisy and crowded. Great fun experience though!

Downtown Disney - I just love Captain Jack's! Yummy margaritas, seafood & salads. Really good New England Clam Chowder (considering it's Florida) and Chicken Caesar salad & Peel & Eat shrimp! Nice view!

Fulton's - I love it here! A bit expensive but makes for a lovely evening or a great place to celebrate a special occasion. Lobster tails are delicious!

Note: Resort hotels - have some excellent restaurants if you have the time. Haven't tried them all YET.

Grand Floridian - Narcoosee's - lovely place with good food. A bit pricey but a beautiful ambience.

Grand Floridian Cafe - Good breakfast and/or lunch place overlooking the pool and garden area. For lunch - good sandwiches and salads.

Polynesian - Kona Cafe and Ohana's are both good. Ohana's has a good family atmosphere and very popular.

Wilderness Lodge - Wilderness Cafe - BBQ and family style restaurant. Great for kids.

Those are just some of my suggestions. I'm really hungry now!:lol:

Upvote 0

Lynn

My Favorites are:
Liberty Tree......................Magic Kingdom
Beirgarten........................Epcot
50's Prime Time Cafe .......MGM

Lynn :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom