where to eat at universal/islands of adventure?

danpam1024

Yes- I LOVE The Cowfish!!!! Vivo Kitchen, and Antonjito's are great in CW as well. Red Brick pizza is good too, and you can get it to go, and eat it down by the water- nice and relaxing.
Hotel-wise, HRH- the Kitchen is ok, breakfast is the best meal they serve. The Palm is incredibly overpriced (and we're vegan), and The Beach Club by the pool is fantastic for poolside lunch. PBR- only ate breakfast there, and in PBR tradition, it took LITERALLY 25 minutes before anyone came to our table to bring water or coffee- NOT ACCEPTABLE! CBBR food court is impressive- lots to choose from. We stayed the week they opened, so I'm not sure if the quality is the same. RPR- first trip next week!!!
Studios: the Simpsons area has good cheap grub- for cheap grub park food. Finnegan's is good too, but can get very loud when it's crowded- I guess that's ok for some, but I like chatting about our day with my peeps. We always grab something at Monster's Cafe if/when it's opened- not for the food, I just love it in there. The bakery at the park entrance is good for a light breakfast or lunch.
IOA- we eat at the Back Water Bar (behind Confisco's) every trip- same menu as Confisco's with better atmosphere. Blondie's has great subs- almost as good as Publix. My son LOVES Fire Eater's Grill.
The thing I love about the Uni parks, is there's lots of different grab and go food with LOTS of areas to sit around the park. We mostly nibble around the parks and eat a sit down meal at CW.
It's NOT like Disney- mostly, reservations are not really necessary :)

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
The only place I have looked at is Bubba Gumps. I think more food court style is of interest as we will have stayed in Disney before hand and so far planning seems to be a military operation so looking forward to universal for the laid back feel.

Disneyhead'71

The only place I have looked at is Bubba Gumps. I think more food court style is of interest as we will have stayed in Disney before hand and so far planning seems to be a military operation so looking forward to universal for the laid back feel.
The great thing about Uni is ADRs are not necessary. I'll give a quick breakdown of my recommendations.

Signature Restaurants:

Emeril's Orlando (CW) American/Cajun
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (RPR) Pacific Rim/Polynesian
Palm (HRH) High End Steak House
BiCE (PBR) Italian

In Park Table Service

Mythos (IOA) Variety
Confisco's (IOA) Variety
Lombard's Landing (USF) Seafood
Fennigan's (USF) Irish Pub

Counter Service

Three Broomsticks (IOA) British
Leaky Cauldron (USF) British
Thunder Falls Terrace (IOA) Ribs, Rotisserie Chicken

Food Court

Springfield (USF) wide variety.

CityWalk

Cowfish- Buger/Sushi, and hand crafted cocktails
Vivo- Italian
Antojito- Mexican Street Food

Whatever you do, don't eat at Comic Strip Cafe or Circus McGurkus. I would shy away from counter service all together except for the 4 I mentioned above.

Alana Rea Jago

Original Poster
The great thing about Uni is ADRs are not necessary. I'll give a quick breakdown of my recommendations.

Signature Restaurants:

Emeril's Orlando (CW) American/Cajun
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (RPR) Pacific Rim/Polynesian
Palm (HRH) High End Steak House
BiCE (PBR) Italian

In Park Table Service

Mythos (IOA) Variety
Confisco's (IOA) Variety
Lombard's Landing (USF) Seafood
Fennigan's (USF) Irish Pub

Counter Service

Three Broomsticks (IOA) British
Leaky Cauldron (USF) British
Thunder Falls Terrace (IOA) Ribs, Rotisserie Chicken

Food Court

Springfield (USF) wide variety.

CityWalk

Cowfish- Buger/Sushi, and hand crafted cocktails
Vivo- Italian
Antojito- Mexican Street Food

Whatever you do, don't eat at Comic Strip Cafe or Circus McGurkus. I would shy away from counter service all together except for the 4 I mentioned above.
Plenty for me to have a look at then. Cowfish seems to be a real popular choice with most people.

DevonCandy

Mythos was fantastic great setting,food and reasonable price for the quality also really enjoyed the Monster Cafe but i'm a horror fan so that was a no brainer the food was filling and it provided a welcome break out of the sun when we went in Sep both we will definitely re visit next trip.

We were going to try some places in Citywalk but ended up snacking a lot of the time or eating at our hotel only so much food you can eat in 4 days next visit we are staying at Universal for 7 days so more of a chance to try things out.

Bairstow

When it comes to the quick-service Universal places, the Simpsons (Moe's/food court), Jurassic Park (Thunder Falls Terrace), and both Potter restaurants (3 Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron) are much more interesting than the others, especially if you're looking to get away from all burgers all the time.

Disneyhead'71

My favorite cocktail at UOR is at Cowfish. Buffalos and Bacon. It's Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Angostura and Orange Bitters, Honey, and Candied Bacon and a black cherry garnish.

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom