where to buy disney dollars?

hrmom26

with the disney stores changing to disney/childrens place stores where can i buy disney dollars? i like to get them before my trip is that still possible? do they sell them at my hotel, can i get them on-line anywhere? :brick:

disneydreams

I've always gotten them from the Disney Store in our local mall. I know we were able to get them at the Corronado when I was there this past winter and I thought you could buy them in the parks themselves.

Upvote 0

clarkstallings

I have to interject and just give my opinion. While I realize that Disney dollars add another dimension of magic to a Walt Disney World vacation, I think it is nearly foolish to take perfectly good currency that can be used anywhere and convert it to a method of tender that is governed by one man's or organization's terms. I feel the same way about gift certificates, they are consumer mistakes. You unnecessarily restrict yourself with the Disney Dollars.

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

TDS still sells Disney Dollars and MYW park tickets, at least the one's here in the Atlanta area do. You can purchase Disney Dollars at your resort hotel or at the parks also. Maggie

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

clarkstallings said:
I have to interject and just give my opinion. While I realize that Disney dollars add another dimension of magic to a Walt Disney World vacation, I think it is nearly foolish to take perfectly good currency that can be used anywhere and convert it to a method of tender that is governed by one man's or organization's terms. I feel the same way about gift certificates, they are consumer mistakes. You unnecessarily restrict yourself with the Disney Dollars.

Oh lighten up. Disney Dollars are a great way to help kids learn how to save money towards something....like a special toy or a vacation. Disney Dollars can be exchanged for cash without penalty. And finally, it's not like Disney is a company that will go belly up overnight, so there is little risk that the Disney Dollars will be worthless anytime soon.

I love Disney Dollars. They help us to save money towards our trips. Would I turn large sums of money into Disney Dollars, probably not. But they are certainly handy to have for the cart vendors at WDW. Maggie

Upvote 0

hrmom26

Original Poster
mickeysaver said:
Oh lighten up. Disney Dollars are a great way to help kids learn how to save money towards something....like a special toy or a vacation. Disney Dollars can be exchanged for cash without penalty. And finally, it's not like Disney is a company that will go belly up overnight, so there is little risk that the Disney Dollars will be worthless anytime soon.

I love Disney Dollars. They help us to save money towards our trips. Would I turn large sums of money into Disney Dollars, probably not. But they are certainly handy to have for the cart vendors at WDW. Maggie

you took the words right out of my mouth:lol:
that is why i buy them it is great for rewards before the trip and they earn more by doing chores. besides that they love them they look cool i can't beleave anyone would have issue with them. lighten up is puting it mildly

Upvote 0

clarkstallings

I'm as lighthearted as anyone. The whole reason Disney Dollars exist is to guarantee Disney that a guest will send a certain amount of money into their coffers. When you buy Disney Dollars, Disney banks on the fact that you won't spend all of them. When you return home, they hope that you'll lose them or forget about them, that way, they essentially get free money. It is the same with magazine subscriptions or music clubs, you get free stuff for a monthly fee, and you can keep the stuff even if you cancel the monthly fee. Odds are, most Americans forget to cancel whatever they are paying so the company makes more and more money. I'm not worried about Disney going belly up or anything, you simply play into their hand when you buy Disney Dollars.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

If you do not have a Disney Store near you, you can order Disney Dollars by mail by sending your request stating how much you want in what denominations ($1, $5, $10 or $50) to:

Walt Disney World Ticketing
PO Box 10140
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

All mail orders will be charged $10 per order shipping and handling. There is a limit of $650 per order. Make checks payable to "Walt Disney World Ticket Services"

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

I found more info on another board......

IMPORTANT Reminder: If you use a credit card to purchase Disney Dollars, any amount over $50 will be treated like a cash advance and your account charged the corresponding fees

---------------------------
By Mail:
Send your request to:
WDW Ticketing
Attn: Disney Dollars
PO Box 10140
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Best to send a check or money order, not sure if they process credit cards.

Include a note describing the amount of each desired denomination ($1, $5, or $10).

The shipping charge is $3 unless you want "Express" delivery (5-7 business days) then it is $10.

------------------------

Option 2: phone/fax
From the AllEars newsletter
A few months ago, a reader sent in a tip on ordering Disney Dollars through the mail. Ramona writes with an even speedier method: "We are going to Disney World this May. I wanted to give our two boys Disney Dollars for their Easter basket. Since we do not have a Disney Store very close by, I wanted to find out if I could order them -- but knowing I was under a time constraint (less than two week s) I was worried they would not arrive in time. I was told that I could order via fax. I faxed in my order first thing Monday morning, and what do you know? The very next morning, there was the Fed Ex guy with my Disney Dollars! The best part was that the shipping was free! You can fax your order complete with the denominations ($1's, $5's, or $10's), name, address, and credit card information, to 1-407-566-5645. Thanks, Disney, for the first class service... AGAIN! "

More Disney dollar info: If you order them through central reservations, which is where that mysterious allearsnet.com fax number went through, you can do it over the phone instead of via fax at 407-566-4985 ...have also heard there is a $10 shipping charge per order via phone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom