Where should Zootopia Land go?

In what park would a Zootpoia Land go (and post why in the comments)?

• AK

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • MK

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • HS

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • EPCOT

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Zootopia, the city in the movie, is immense. It has huge areas of diverse habitats that can't be re-created in one Land. And if you create human-sized city blocks, then you inhabit them with what? How are you going to do the giant anthropomorphic elephants alongside the tiny hamsters?

And then what rides would a Zootopia Land get? A police car spinner driven by Judy?

I would think that Zootopia would be good for one simulator ride. Yeah, I know, "screenz", but, it would work for this. Imagine the tech of FoP used to fly around Zootopia! Or, a People Mover open car ride that went through all the habitats.

And which park? Well, if you're going to be in a movie: DHS.

Cmdr_Crimson

Zootopia, the city in the movie, is immense. It has huge areas of diverse habitats that can't be re-created in one Land. And if you create human-sized city blocks, then you inhabit them with what? How are you going to do the giant anthropomorphic elephants alongside the tiny hamsters?

And then what rides would a Zootopia Land get? A police car spinner driven by Judy?

I would think that Zootopia would be good for one simulator ride. Yeah, I know, "screenz", but, it would work for this. Imagine the tech of FoP used to fly around Zootopia! Or, a People Mover open car ride that went through all the habitats.

Again I fall along the lines of Ride & Go Seek...They can easily do this with having you join as a Citizen on Patrol for Zootopia to help out stopping the bad guys while going through each "Zone" with elements of Heat for Sahara Square, Cold air for Tundratown, and Mist in the Rainforest distict giving a nod to the elements ala Test Track 1.0....I think this could work fairly well...

Seabasealpha1

I like the way you think. But Epcot seems like an odd choice seeing as how Epcot's whole idea is to inform people to live better with the land and the sea, use our imaginations to their full potential; to never stop communicating with one another as well as reach new horizons with the use of different and more efficient ways of using energy. Zootopia is a buddy comedy that isn't focused on what Epcot preaches. Sure theres the city of Zootopia, but it's just a city full of anthropomorphic animals. If anything, Hollywood Studios or Animals Kingdom would fit the bill. Hollywood Studios for its crime/action aspect and Animal Kingdom for it's use of Animals.
Well...it was...now it's just a cluster of dead tissues from the old days and new IP infused jedi mind screw crap that's just trying to get people to buy Disney stuff...no matter how abysmal the new films may or may not be. Don't get me wrong...Zootopia was fun. Moana is good. Frozen still sucks (in my seasoned Disney film watching opinion).

Nevermind that soon you will have paid $125 just to purchase entry into this pile of Disney "stuff".

I long for those old days... I miss them.

Cmdr_Crimson

giphy.gif

I know right! When I heard the name Jim Hill....I was already at the point of...
4929c5241f6f230614d6454092c699fe.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hearing a lot of ramblings about all over Twitter. Sounds pretty serious if you ask me.

What?! Just because people tweet about it because Jim Hill mentions it is in no way any sort of confirmation.

Jim Hill reports every single blue-sky idea floated at Disney Corp. And there are thousands of them. Doesn't make any one more likely to happen over the other. When an insider talks about plans being drawn up or budgets being developed, then we have something.

JohnD

Exactly. DHS is the best fit. They may be animals but they live in a "human" world. AK would be the worst park to put them in. MK is a close second if you put aside logistics of finding space.

Po'Rich

It does NOT belong in Animal Kingdom. Just because the movie has animals does not mean that it fits with the theme of the park. Right now, AK is the best themed park (even with Pandora). Don't ruin it. IF there needs to be a Zootopia land or ride, stick it in HS. After all, HS is becoming the hodge podge of WDW.

Yert3

What the heck is up with the random Zootopia hate all of a sudden? It's an incredible movie. It wasn't an accident that it made over a billion dollars and became Disney 2nd highest grossing animated film ever. I thought it was unanimously loved in the Disney community. Great Music, great characters, great message. I mean, how can anyone not be in love with Judy Hopps!? Seriously, I don't get it. I didn't see any of the hate when it first came out. Same exact thing happened with frozen. Unanimous praise, then a year later, everyone randomly hates it? What gives?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom