Where should I create my next Disney Resort?

Where Should I create my next Disney Park?

• Canada

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • United States - tell me what location

• Brazil

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Russia

• Australia

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • India

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Egypt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greece

• Mexico

• Total voters

JoseLorenzo

Spain! España!

I think a Spanish park would be ideal! The climate is wonderful and the nation already attracts tourists. The nation is also well connected to the rest of the world and the cities of Madrid and Barcelona are some of the most beautiful in the world!

This is also my first post here! I am very excited to be here.
I almost have one park almost done. It is called Disney's SCI-FI Park. Here is the landmark:
DSI_hdapproach.png

What I don't have done for Disney's SCI-FI Park is a list of Christmas Songs that Jubba's Palace Sit Down dining attraction will be playing while the guest is eating. Jubba's Palace Sit Down attraction actually has AA's that includes Max Rebo Band and Sy Snoodles. The Christmas Music would be played during December by the Max Rebo Band and Sy Snoodles.

Why don't you instead of doing a new park add a new part to Epcot? I think that idea is suiting Epcots concept perfectly!

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Disney's SCI-FI Park does have more than The World of Star Wars,but I don't want reveal it yet. I am more focused on getting the 2nd park ready.

What I am willing to reveal for the World of Star Wars section of SCI-FI park is the fact it will be different than rest of the Current Disney parks that will have Star Wars.

It is different by picturing a World of Star Wars that has 7 sublands with another 3 to 5 Expansion Plots for galaxies in the new Trilogy. Each subland having 1 or 2 attractions along with shop, and 1 or 2 eating places.

First off, I would just like to mention the sentence where you say “the middle- and upper-class population of India is only about 4% of its total population. However, that equates to over 267 million people…”. This is false statement. There may be 267 million people in the middle and upper class, but if that was 4% of the total population, India’s total population would be over 6 and a half billion.

I do understand that Australia does have some issues (really its the population, or the lack of one) but you seem to forget or look over Indonesia’s numerous issues. You do say Singapore a lot but I do hope you mean Indonesia, or much of your argument would not make any sense. Indonesia has a large population (250+ million) while Singapore barely has 5 million, rendering your population problem argument invalid. So while I comment on the problems about the location of an Indonesia resort, I am talking about Indonesia, not Singapore.

Issue 1: Indonesia is spread out among many islands, which is common knowledge. Of the 922 inhabited islands, there are probably a good amount that have substantial populations. So my question is, are you planning on selecting the most populous metropolitan area and plopping it there? It is very hard to find a location that is easily accessible to all 250+ million people who live in Indonesia. You could say that they are connected to a series of boats or planes, but that may seem like a long and unnecessary process that eliminates a good portion of the very important day visitors. This is more of a convenience issue but it is an issue nonetheless.

Issue 2: When you leave a Disney resort, it is nice to be in a nice city. Lets look at Tokyo for example. When you leave the Tokyo Disney Resort, you are in a bustling and prosperous city that is safe, clean, and well run. Indonesia is almost the exact opposite. Imagine a “city” of loose shacks and poverty. A place where monkeys rule the streets and people can be seen diving through heavy traffic. One of your arguments was that people from around the world would still visit an Indonesia theme park. I don’t many people that would willingly leave a developed nation to come to Indonesia, even if they spend most or all of their time in the resort. It would be a quite a shock for someone coming from a wealthier nation.

Issue 3:Singapore’s culture is highly conservative. Visitors will need to adjust to local customs where the society is mainly Muslim. Women are under strict laws that limit what women can wear or what they can do. That doesn't seem like a very enjoyable vacation to me. Also, bribery and corruption are rife, so it is not uncommon to be stopped by police at random.

Issue 4: In Indonesia’s metropolitan areas, it is not uncommon to see overcrowding and traffic congestion. This may be an issue carried into a disney park, as there is one resort for a nation of 250 million people. I imagine New Year’s level crowds all the time, or the lines for Tokyo’s TSMM for all the rides. This may be an extreme mindset, but still, it is a possibility. Cities in Indonesia are dense and it is hard to get around easily. Space is limited near cities and getting there is a nightmare. People use roads daily and millions of people use them everyday. Traffic jams are normal and routine and pollution fills the air. Buses are stuffed to the brim and there aren’t subways to transport port commuters.

Issue 5: The weather in Indonesia is not ideal. With humid levels ranging from 70 to 90 percent, it can get quite unpleasant. It may take a while to get used to, which many vacationers don’t have. Temperatures are in the 80’s and 90’s most of the year and do not provide a relaxing vacation. Also, guests are either in a miserable rainy season from November to March or an unbearable dry season from April to October.

I still firmly stand by my opinion that Australia is an ideal location for a Disney resort and Indonesia is far from ideal. I don’t mean to sound belligerent but I do have a strong opinion on the matter. Wdwfan4ever, I still can't wait to hear your ideas and what you plan to do to set your theme parks apart!

Sorry for my shaky math! It's not 4%, its closer to 27%. I accidentally divided from the entire world's population, and got close to 4. That shows how good I am with math ;). Your points make a lot of sense. Thanks for the rebuttal.

P.S. I meant for the park to be in Singapore, not Indonesia. I just meant to say that wealthy people in Indonesia would have easy access to Singapore. Singapore is a well-developed nation that is very accessible to tourists.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
Why don't you instead of doing a new park add a new part to Epcot? I think that idea is suiting Epcots concept perfectly!
I hope you don't mean replacing the current future World like SpaceShip Earth as an example. Even if it isn't, there are a lot of issues from my point of view of putting it into Epcot even as new part. I wouldn't even consider put a lot of my SCI-FI Park into Epcot including Star Wars.

My point of view of Epcot is one of a person that first went to WDW in the Early 1990's as I was entering my teenage years at the time. I also go by my belief of the Day of Epcot having a SCI-FI movie part is long and gone since DHS exists.

Here are my issues with putting my SCI-FI park into a new part of Epcot.

1.) Disney didn't have Epcot in mind to be an IP dumping ground and the nature of my SCI-FI Park is based of Disney Movies that are SCI-FI.

2.) The nature of the SCI-FI I attractions I created, it is not made with Epcot in mind. Epcot was made to be a place where you can have fun and learn at the same time.The Nature of the attractions I have is based on movies and really can't connect with the real in anyway that Epcot is designed for.

3.) Epcot was never designed with SCI-FI in mind since Tomorrowland actually can be used for that. A good example of that is the Tron attractions I created would be great for Tomorrowland.

4.)I am not a big fan of dumping Cartoons into Epcot if they don't fit or done properly for what Epcot is designed for. I have a Stitch attraction, Walle attraction, Meet The Robinsons attraction, Treasure Planet attraction, and Big Hero 6. Outside Walle and Maybe Big Hero 6, the other cartoon movies I mentioned don't belong in Epcot in terms of making them work for attractions.

5.) Epcot on the Future World Side doesn't have Expansion pads to my knowledge and that would affect what I could put into Epcot. Space is an issue even with wonders of Life being closed except for special events.

6.) Avatar is already being built in AK, and that ip can fit since AK does have mythical creatures in mind in the Yeti.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
I am not planning to scrap my plan of having another resort. I did mention that I did start a 2nd park before posted the Death Star landmark as the first park completed. Lets say that my 2nd park is still going through changes and I wouldn't reveal it before it is ready as a result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom