Where NOT to stay?

KeithVH

Original Poster
With recent airline changes, red-eye flights from the left coast are not as plentiful as they used to be. So we've moved up our timeline to fly in the day before and just stay somewhere that one night and drive to the Contemporary the next AM fully rested.

My question is not which hotel to stay at the night before (probably somewhere around Downtown) but which ones/which chains everyone thinks we should AVOID. Looking for anecdotes about bad experiences so I can make a good choice.

Weather_Lady

Hopefully those with bad experiences are in the minority, which may be why it's tough to get many responses to this question. Doing a Google Maps search for Disney Springs, and clicking a "Nearby" filter for "Hotels," will allow you to hover over each one and pull up a window with prices and Google user review ratings. That should help narrow things down.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

With recent airline changes, red-eye flights from the left coast are not as plentiful as they used to be. So we've moved up our timeline to fly in the day before and just stay somewhere that one night and drive to the Contemporary the next AM fully rested.

My question is not which hotel to stay at the night before (probably somewhere around Downtown) but which ones/which chains everyone thinks we should AVOID. Looking for anecdotes about bad experiences so I can make a good choice.
I haven't done it recently, and this doesn't answer your question, but in a similar situation we have had good luck staying right at the airport in the Hyatt. While it isn't super close to WDW, it is just an elevator ride from the airport. No dealing with transportation or paying for a rental car. That is especially nice if your flight is delayed. The food at the restaurant, McCoy's, is excellent and it is open 24hours (late night menu). The hotel also has a nice rooftop pool. You can watch the planes coming and going from there. Rooms are decent.

I don't know of any to avoid in DS, but we had a good stay at the Fairfield. It is a little past the rest of the hotels that are in the DS area. (Apopka Vineland Rd) That was pre-pandemic though.

KeithVH

Original Poster
You know, the airport was one of my first thoughts. Especially since we have to wait for 2 of the kids to come in from Colorado Springs.

BUT! With the recent promotion for summer AND the removal of the parking fee, a nite at POFQ comes in at about the same price (with just a few %) of an offsite hotel. Of course, that's because you have to add in their parking fee and their daily resort fee. With the discount versus the additional fees, we'll be staying at the French Quarter that one night and my problem is solved.

Better yet, I'll be able to Bell services to move our luggage between properties making checkout/checkin even easier. Counting the days till May . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom