Where is the HM?

SSEmonorail

Original Poster
I know where the Haunted Mansion is, but what land is it in? It's on the border of Fantasyland, but I thought that ended at IASW. It's near Frontierland, but it doesn't really fit in with the theme. And it borders Liberty Square, but again, doesn't fit in with the theme.

I know that it is supposed to be part of a large representation of the country (representing New York, with Liberty Square representing Philadelphia, Country Bears, Colorado, etc). But that doesn't prove that its part of Frontierland, or else Hall of Presidents is part of Frontierland as well because it represents Philadelphia.

So what land is it in? And was it always supposed to be there???

egionet

It's part of Liberty Square. I believe it's supposed to be reminiscent of a large mansion of NY on the Hudson River. I could be wrong on the NY part, but it is definitely part of Liberty Square.

Pioneer Hall

It is in Liberty Square and does follow the theming of the Liberty Square/Frontierland area.

As you move from one side of the land to the end of Frontierland you are actually moving across the country and through time. You start in colonial NY at the mansion. Then move in to Philadelphia (Hall of Presidents, Liberty Bell). Then you approach the Liberty Belle Riverboat as you are right on the border of the Mississippi. As you cross in to Frontierland (there is a silver barrier that actually does signify the Mississippi) you are in the early part of the west. You eventually end up in Arizona at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The only attraction that does not fit in to this is Splash Mountain which is represents Gerogia.

SirNim

DisneyInsider said:
(there is a silver barrier that actually does signify the Mississippi)
Indeed: See the graphic:
mississippiriver1.jpg

no2apprentice

DisneyInsider said:
The only attraction that does not fit in to this is Splash Mountain which is represents Gerogia.
One could look at it this way...Splash mountain is for the people who moved west, took one look at the Rocky Mountains and said, "This is nuts! We're going back home to Georgia!" :D

HauntedSquirrel

General Grizz said:
Welcome to WDWmagic!

As for the other parks...

Disneyland - New Orleans Square
Disneyland Paris - Frontierland
Tokyo Disneyland - Fantasyland

You know, that is one of my favorite secrets about the HM, that it is the only attraction to appear in 4 seperate lands in the theme parks.

ctwhalerman

The funny thing about the Haunted Mansion is that in Tokyo it has the Florida facade, but is located in Fantasyland, seemingly out of place.

As for the Florida mansion, it is based on the early Dutch mansions of thr Hudson River Valley, and the imagineers were right on the money with the style. The HM really does look like those mansions, but sometimes the real ones are actually look scarier and more eerie than the HM!
Since the mansion would date to the mid-1700s or earlier, there's no problem with it being included with the other buildings of Liberty Square, it just represents another style of architecture, and is like the large mansion that is located outside of the towns, and thus presumably outside of the revolutionary atmosphere of the time.

ctwhalerman

oo and I forgot that the Mansion should represent something straight out of Sleepy Hollow (which is a little south of Albany if my geography is right)

tigsmom

ctwhalerman said:
oo and I forgot that the Mansion should represent something straight out of Sleepy Hollow (which is a little south of Albany if my geography is right)

A good few hours worth (about 3 I believe), but on the same river.

It is in Liberty Square and does follow the theming of the Liberty Square/Frontierland area.

As you move from one side of the land to the end of Frontierland you are actually moving across the country and through time. You start in colonial NY at the mansion. Then move in to Philadelphia (Hall of Presidents, Liberty Bell). Then you approach the Liberty Belle Riverboat as you are right on the border of the Mississippi. As you cross in to Frontierland (there is a silver barrier that actually does signify the Mississippi) you are in the early part of the west. You eventually end up in Arizona at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The only attraction that does not fit in to this is Splash Mountain which is represents Gerogia.

I had no idea about that. Thanks for the info. :wave:

NTI2002

Be careful though, if you let those ghosts follow you home, the Haunted mansion could be YOUR HOUSE!!!!!! oooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom