Where is the Aladdin blu-ray?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Of all the animated classics (that I want), I've got B&TB and Peter Pan. Where in the world is Aladdin on blu-ray?

Animaniac93-98

Everywhere but the US. The UK disc is cheap to get and region free so my suggestion to anyone who wants Aladdin now is to buy it. Otherwise, you could still be waiting until October 2015.

Ok, I have a dumb question. Does it say on the DVD that it's region free? I saw some other dvds that I would like but don't want to get something that I can't play.

Animaniac93-98

Ok, I have a dumb question. Does it say on the DVD that it's region free? I saw some other dvds that I would like but don't want to get something that I can't play.

For DVDs you'd need a region free player. For Blu-rays, most Disney ones are region free so they'll work on US players. Amazon listings will let you know which ones are or are not.

If you tell me which ones you're looking at I can double check for you :)

Last edited:

Matt_Black

What I want to know is when are they going to but the Aladdin animated series on DVD? I'd be on that like white on rice.

EricJ

Of all the animated classics (that I want), I've got B&TB and Peter Pan. Where in the world is Aladdin on blu-ray?

Chronologically, it would have been next on the list of classics, but Disney had certain...reasons for wanting to bring back Sleeping Beauty for sale around October.

steamboatjosh

Does anyone know if the UK blu-ray has any good special features on it? If not, then I think I'll just wait until October 2015. That's the main reason I buy blu-ray. Of course the picture and sound are much more amazing on blu-ray than dvd, but I'm an aspiring filmmaker and the special features are my favorite part. I love finding out about all the inner workings of a film.

I recently purchased Aladdin & Hercules on Blu Ray from Amazon UK. First off they look and sound incredible (to be expected). Special features for Aladdin are similar to the Platinum Dvd Edition minus the cheesy games. Unless Disney's US release has some really great special features, I won't be double dipping. The latest US Blu Ray releases have been really light on bonus features (Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks to name a few)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom