Where is DLR's piece of land for 3rd park at?

Figment632

If im looking at the right spot that doesnt seem to enough room for a park even as small as DHS? Is it the parking lot that is shaped like kidney bean?

marsrunner

WOW that still doesnt look big enough, I wonder what the third park would be :shrug:
If its the parking lot and the fields and it bordered by Harbor and Katella is looks as big as Disneyland Park to me, but maybe I'm wrong.
My big concern is that it won't be accessable from the promenade. I know that's kinda impossible, but alot of the disadvantage of only having two parks (or three) versus four is outweighed to some extent by the fact that they are so close together that you can hop back and forth at will all day long with only a minimal amount of time wasted.

TP2000

I have been told by folks in the real estate industry that Disney also owns some of the adjacent land in that area that is currently apartment buildings, and is always looking to buy more. They purchase this land under third party companies who are not immediately traceable to Disney as they don't want people to know they are bidding for more property. Take that with a grain of salt if you want, but it's a story that is out there amongst some very big players in the RE market in SoCal.

If you were to scoop up a few of those big apartment complexes around the current CM Parking Lot and the Strawberry Fields show in the map linked above, you would have a piece of land that is bigger than Disneyland or DCA currently is.

But you would have to figure out a way to get people parked elsewhere, and then transport them to that property.

And whenever the "Third Park" opens, it had better be darn good! You won't have the luxury and convenience of being on the front porch of the best theme park in the world to help drive interest and attendance, so the offerings at this third park need to be knock your socks off level of amazing.

Figment632

Very good! Do you think if the 3rd gate happens it will be an original idea and new park or will they just bring over a DHS style or will we get WESCOT?

I hope that it's something original. A DHS style park is out of the question because 90% of the attractions at DHS are already at DCA (Tower, Midway Mania, Magic of Disney Animation). I don't think we'll get WESTCOT either because it would be too big a risk to mix the SoCal society with an "edutainment" park.

marsrunner

I hope that it's something original. A DHS style park is out of the question because 90% of the attractions at DHS are already at DCA (Tower, Midway Mania, Magic of Disney Animation). I don't think we'll get WESTCOT either because it would be too big a risk to mix the SoCal society with an "edutainment" park.

DisneySea! DisneySea!

Yeah, I know, not going to happen, but a person can dream, right?

I'd "settle" for something completely original but up to the level of DisneySea.

Figment632

DisneySea! DisneySea!

Yeah, I know, not going to happen, but a person can dream, right?

I'd "settle" for something completely original but up to the level of DisneySea.

You see I dont know if I would like that, I was looking at Disney Sea online and there arent many attractions, theres mostly only shows and it seems quite boring.

primetime52

They should take over the gardenwalk...and then bulldoze it.

And I think DisneySea would be awesome...but sadly never happen.

Is that Gardenwalk mall lame or something? I stayed right down the street from it last November and it looked nice from the outside.

I will reiterate what one previous poster said about making a DHS style park. Doing so would make no sense, since you already have many of DHS' key attractions at DCA, and a Hollywood Boulevard type street with very similar architecture to DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom