Where in WDW is your “happy place”?

GirlintheBullCity

Whenever I’m in a painful situation (like getting a cavity filled) or a “push through” situation (like finishing the last mile of a tough run), I go to my happy place. Shockingly, mine is at WDW ;) I assume most of yours are, too.:)

Specifically, I transport myself to walking down Mainstreet USA first thing in the morning when I can hear the music in the background and really smell the bakery and Starbucks.

What’s your WDW happy place?

View attachment 287229
Taking a ride on the people mover.

RaveOnEd

For me, it's walking through the gates of MK, hearing the whistle of the train approaching Main Street Station. Then while she's coming in, walking through the arches of the station and seeing Main Street USA unfold slowly. Once in, I sometimes just stop and look around, taking a deep breath.

That point, the real world has gone away. I feel like it's home. All the cares, worries, stress are all gone. Reality is gone for a while. I'm where I always want to be: Main Street in another time in history.

I can't wait to be back again at the end of this month!

OG Runner

Honestly, I have a lot of "happy places" at WDW and I have already mentioned a couple.
The "walkway" through Cinderella's Castle is another. I have run the Disney Marathon
four times now, in which you run through. When I walk through it always brings back
good feelings. (You are still fairly early in the race at this point.)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Big-Thunder-Mountain-Railroad-Secrets-Disneyland-On-Ride-Thunder-Mountain.jpg

Andy_0410

Ok so I grew up with Star Wars so love standing in front of that Chinese theatre watching the fireworks with all those sound bites that take me right back to watching the movies for the first time
But also always struggle to not shed a tear watching festival of fantasy or happily ever after when tinkabelle flies threw the night sky and everyone cheers. #thestorycomesalive

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My “happy place” isn’t even in the parks... my happy place is the walkway from the Beach club to the international gateway as you enter EPCOT. To me there’s just something so special about the tranquility and beautiful surrounding architecture that makes that spot just wonderful.
That's a construction zone, now... with the Epcot Skyliner station going in.

MrDee

My "Happy Place" is mostly in my head, and not in any one specific Disney spot.

However, I spent my honeymoon in Florida, and spent 2 glorious weeks at the World (1992- my first time ever going).

I will never forget my first monorail ride heading to the Magic Kingdom and seeing the Grand Floridian pull up through the windows.

It was love at first sight.

Little did I know then that one could actually disembark the monorail and take a look around. I thought to myself that I hoped one day we'd be able to stay there.

As time went by, we did eventually get to spend about a week there (2008, If memory serves). I didn't want to leave the lobby or the grounds at all, but of course we did.

I have heard that author Ray Bradbury (wrote Dandelion Wine--my favorite book) had a private room there.

Not sure if that is true, but if so, would love to at least take a peek at it.

THAT could possibly be my "Happy Place".

Disneyrailfan1996

My happy place? I have quite a few believe it or not!

Transportation:
Monorail
try this: find an empty car, lay down on one of the seats and take a nap. You’ll enjoy it!​
Motor cruise boats (the semi-enclosed boats on the seven seas lagoon)

Resorts:
The carolwood room at the wilderness lodge boulder ridge villas.
I’m a railfan and a nerd when it comes to Disney History, so this is definitely for me​
Pretty much anywhere at the contemporary (even though I’ve not been to some parts of it)

Disney springs:
Coca Cola store
I’m a big fan of Coca Cola, so guilty is charged!​
Ak:
Wildlife express
Again, I’m a railfan, so what do you expect? I’m going to love trains one way or another!​

Epcot:
WoL (sort of)
Germany’s Garden RR
Why not?​
Spaceship Earth
Not sure why, but it just is my happy place.​

Studios:
Rock N Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith
I like classic rock, so this is definitely my happy place! I love to just belt it out when I’m on the ride! “Love in an ele-va-tor! Livin it up when I’m goin dooooowwwwwnnn!”​
Great Movie Ride
I don’t care if it counts or not because it’s gone! It is (was) my guilty pleasure and always will be!​
Tower of Terror (maybe)
The drive-in style restaurant (whatever it’s called)

MK:
Small World
Ironically, even though I may think the song is annoying, I like it (both the song and the ride!)​
Space mountain as you enter and under the train tracks
I like to sing along to BGM with lyrics from the old “Promising Tomorrows” song heard during the 80’s (I love to sing)​
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Loved the show! My guilty pleasure is to just sing along as the theater rotates (especially from act IV to Unload) “There’s a Great Big Beauuutiful tomorrow, Shining at the end of every daaaaayyyyyy.”​
Horse drawn trolley
Because where else will you be able to ride one? Okay, yes there’s Disneyland, but besides that where else?​
Liberty Belle
Tell me, where else will you find a steam boat operating daily? Besides Disneyland?​
Walt Disney World Railroad
I’m sure by now you know why! Lol​
Other than these, there too many to list at MK. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom