Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Customer on the phone, who needs to come in and pick up some paperwork - Are you open tomorrow?
Me - No, I’m sorry, we’re not.
Customer - Oh, but I’m off tomorrow.
Me - For Thanksgiving?
Customer - Yes.
Me - Me too.

🤦🏻‍♀️ - that is all.

PUSH

Original Poster
Customer on the phone, who needs to come in and pick up some paperwork - Are you open tomorrow?
Me - No, I’m sorry, we’re not.
Customer - Oh, but I’m off tomorrow.
Me - For Thanksgiving?
Customer - Yes.
Me - Me too.

🤦🏻‍♀️ - that is all.
That's like when I worked at Kmart.

Customer: "You guys really shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving."

Me in my head: "Well then why are you here bothering me?"

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The empty spot between 4:00 and 5:00 is where my roll goes, as soon as it is cool enough to pick up.

A80941A3-963A-414C-B361-15A632AEC425.jpeg

While I’m at it - do you all it stuffing or dressing? All my life, we’ve called it dressing. Ski just looked at me like I’ve got two heads.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The empty spot between 4:00 and 5:00 is where my roll goes, as soon as it is cool enough to pick up.

View attachment 418336

While I’m at it - do you all it stuffing or dressing? All my life, we’ve called it dressing. Ski just looked at me like I’ve got two heads.

OMG that looks DELICIOUS!!! :jawdrop: (I might bypass the brussel sprouts, but other than that, I'm drooling over your Thanksgiving plate!! :hungry: ) P.S.: Did you make the cranberry sauce or buy it premade? (I find either way is good, and can't really tell the difference.)

Goofyernmost

View attachment 418336

Love me some Brussel Sprouts!
Colloquially, the difference is regional.

Technically, stuffing is cooked in the bird; whereas dressing is prepared in a pan or casserole dish.

Who knew? Google - that’s who.
Growing up the two words.. Stuffing and Dressing were interchangeable. We weren't anywhere near that picky. If it tasted good they could have called it crap and we still would have loved it. My wife who was born and raised in Montreal always called it dressing. Classier, I guess! However, if I recall everything that was prepared around a Turkey dinner was called dressing. "We're going to have Turkey with all the dressings". (i.e. potatoes, "stuffing", cranberry, vegetables, coleslaw, etc.) The whole nine yards.

Goofyernmost

The two most uncomfortable Thanksgivings that I can remember were #1... six days after the Kennedy Assassination and four days after watching Lee Harvey Oswald murdered on live TV. #2... was the Canadian Thanksgiving in 1971 where I was "forced" to meet all of my future wife's family. Talk about stress! Not only that but I think, only to see how I would react, they served Plum Pudding for dessert. (yes, they were very, very, very English) Probably the single grossest thing that I ever consumed, but I smiled all the way through it. It was just a little over a year after I returned from Vietnam, so as much as I disliked it, I was used to forcing down stuff that was not all that desirable.
to everyone that thinks of Plum Pudding as food. Just my own tastes are tested with this one. They seemed to love it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The two most uncomfortable Thanksgivings that I can remember were #1... six days after the Kennedy Assassination and four days after watching Lee Harvey Oswald murdered on live TV. #2... was the Canadian Thanksgiving in 1971 where I was "forced" to meet all of my future wife's family. Talk about stress! Not only that but I think, only to see how I would react, they served Plum Pudding for dessert. (yes, they were very, very, very English) Probably the single grossest thing that I ever consumed, but I smiled all the way through it. It was just a little over a year after I returned from Vietnam, so as much as I disliked it, I was used to forcing down stuff that was not all that desirable.
to everyone that thinks of Plum Pudding as food. Just my own tastes are tested with this one. They seemed to love it.
I’m with you. Plum pudding is vile. 🤮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom