Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

I read about this poor fellow last week. I was even one of the thousands who sent a message of condolence and support.

And now this. šŸ˜¢

Iā€™m glad hundreds of total strangers showed up for the funeral though. I would have sobbed my little heart out thinking it was just him and the pastor.

Going forward, I wish Mr. Basco nothing but Godā€™s richest blessings and an abundance of joy. šŸ™šŸ»
and to top it off the next day someone stole his car and a pressure washer from his trailer, which he used for his car washing business.

SteveBrickNJ

My 12th grade DD started her online college History course today. It's just one class but it's no pushover. The University presents her with the workload for the next 7 days. Everything is due on Monday Aug. 26th. Then it'll start all over again....things always due on Monday.
The challenge is that she also works at McDonalds. Tomorrow for example her McD's work schedule is 7am until 3pm.
Saturday morning she is taking the SATs for the second time (she also took it last Spring). Saturday afternoon and/or evening she wants to spend time with her boyfriend. They hardly get to see each other. All these commitments are spinning in her head...I can tell she's feeling the pressure regarding time management.
Not surprisingly, I feel some concern for her as well.
There's nothing you guys can do yet it felt good to tell you all anyway.....therapeutic! ;):D

trr1

My 12th grade DD started her online college History course today. It's just one class but it's no pushover. The University presents her with the workload for the next 7 days. Everything is due on Monday Aug. 26th. Then it'll start all over again....things always due on Monday.
The challenge is that she also works at McDonalds. Tomorrow for example her McD's work schedule is 7am until 3pm.
Saturday morning she is taking the SATs for the second time (she also took it last Spring). Saturday afternoon she wants to spend time with her boyfriend. All these commitments are spinning in her head...I can tell she's feeling of the pressure.
Not surprisingly, I feel some concern for her as well.
There's nothing you guys can do yet it felt good to tell you all anyway.....therapeutic! ;):D
to help her out you can always do some of her school work or take her boyfriend out ;)

SteveBrickNJ

Who "he"?
Me "he"
or
DD's boyfriend "he"?
o_O
I'm sure the "he" in the joke meant me. :D
Yet in all seriousness...DD will have to power thru this somehow.
A year later she'll be at Liberty U in Virginia and I'll only be able to chat or text with her. This upcoming 12th grade year will be one of maturation and preparation.
When push comes to shove, if she can't balance everything in September, then she'll have to quit McDonald's. Her education sets her up for a life long career. McDonald's is not gonna be a part of that career.

Eric1955

Second, you have to be willing to look like an idiot. Yes, I know what I look like taking pics; @Eric1955 recorded it for posterity last year.

Someone had to document your food pic taking skills in action.
IMG_0707.jpeg

Wish Mike a belated happy birthday from me.

Today was my first day back at school. I can already tell this is going to be a really tough semester. It's only my first day back and I've already had three tests. Tomorrow is my first day of clinical. I'm really nervous about it but so are all my classmates. It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movinā€™ Along
Premium Member
Someone had to document your food pic taking skills in action.
View attachment 399795

Wish Mike a belated happy birthday from me.

Today was my first day back at school. I can already tell this is going to be a really tough semester. It's only my first day back and I've already had three tests. Tomorrow is my first day of clinical. I'm really nervous about it but so are all my classmates. It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed.
Youā€™ll nail it. Youā€™re a hard worker. I have faith in you.

PUSH

Original Poster
This is why we have ugly, non-immersive ā€œDo Not Climbā€ signs everywhere. My kids thought I was a total killjoy, but not everything is meant to be climbed.
This past year I caught a couple of my students climbing on top of the bathroom stall walls that separate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. I told the parents about it, and one mom comes back and says something along the lines of, "Oh yeah, he's always liked to climb. Thanks for letting me know." Well, to be honest, I don't care if he likes to climb. There was a child in the stall he was on top of!!! Hold your child accountable! Parents are the worst.

Disclaimer: There are obviously lots of tremendous parents out there who make my job a lot easier... but as always it's always the questionable parenting that somehow stands out in the crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom