Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

SteveBrickNJ

@JenniferS Since you are a realtor I will ask you this curiosity question......Do any US citizens do the "snow bird" thing with a home or townhouse in Canada? Maybe they might have a place in Ontario somewhere and stay there in June July and August and then go to their US other home for the other months?

SteveBrickNJ

@JenniferS Since you are a realtor I will ask you this curiosity question......Do any US citizens do the "snow bird" thing with a home or townhouse in Canada? Maybe they might have a place in Ontario somewhere and stay there in June July and August and then go to their US other home for the other months?
We have a few retired people that spend the winter in Florida and the summer in NJ. Yet my Canada US question is hopefully Not a no brainer because it involves two different governments.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I’ve exclusively worked with new home builders for the past 30 years, so what happens in resale is beyond my scope.

For sure a high percentage of my buyers are investors ... but they’re not from the US.

We’ve investigated all the ins and outs of becoming a Canadian Snowbird, as that’s our endgame plan.

Real estate is ridiculously expensive in Canada. An American would be better off buying a summer holiday home in upstate NY or Vermont.

SteveBrickNJ

I’ve exclusively worked with new home builders for the past 30 years, so what happens in resale is beyond my scope.

For sure a high percentage of my buyers are investors ... but they’re not from the US.

We’ve investigated all the ins and outs of becoming a Canadian Snowbird, as that’s our endgame plan.

Real estate is ridiculously expensive in Canada. An American would be better off buying a summer holiday home in upstate NY or Vermont.
Wow....interesting! Thanks for your answer :)

PUSH

Original Poster
I’ll take a tornado any day over the derecho we had in early July 2012.
I had to Google what that meant. But, yes, at least tornadoes are somewhat isolated. When we had our tornadoes go through in June of 2014, they damaged just the path they were in. I live just a couple blocks south of where the bigger one hit, and we had no damage; we just lost power for 22 hours.

The most widespread damaging storm we've had around here since I've been alive was several years ago with extreme amounts of large hail. Nearly every single home in the city had to have roofs, siding, and other parts of their homes replaced. For weeks we had insurance vans parked in business parking lots. Our house needed new siding (even though we had upgraded, stronger siding put on when we built our house), a new roof, new gutters, new screens on half the windows on the house, new downspouts, and I feel like I'm forgetting something.

And also, we didn't need all of this stuff, but the insurance covered it because it was all pretty banged up and broken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom