Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
We started the day rope dropping Rise. It was a really cool experience, but I'm not sure it's worth ALL the hype it's gotten. I would give it an 8/10. The loading experience is a lot cooler than the actual ride itself.

After Rise, we used a LL for Mickey & Minnie. I've ridden it three times, and it is probably my second favorite ride at DHS after ToT.

After Mickey & Minnie we stood in line for Rock n Roll. After that we met up with those who skipped it, and waited for the Beauty and the Beast show. The actors were pretty good this time. Belle had a good voice.

After that we decided to head offsite for lunch to Flipper's, which if you've read past TRs from me, you know that's a local pizza restaurant my family really enjoys and goes to every trip.

Now we're back in our hotels for a few hours. We are heading back over to DHS later tonight.

PUSH

Original Poster
Since I've now done all the "new" rides since my last trip (June 2019), here are my rankings...

1. Guardians 10/10
2. Mickey & Minnie (9/10)
3. Ratatouille (8/10)
4. Rise (8/10)
5. Smuggler's Run (5/10)

Not too shabby for new rides. I gave Ratatouille the edge over Rise because I feel like Rise will lose some of its luster now that it's not a surprise anymore. I also would rather reride Ratatouille moreso than Rise.

As for the new fireworks shows...

1. Enchantment 7.5/10
2. Harmonious 4/10

And my updated rankings of favorite parks...

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Hollywood Studios
4. Animal Kingdom

trr1

Since I've now done all the "new" rides since my last trip (June 2019), here are my rankings...

1. Guardians 10/10
2. Mickey & Minnie (9/10)
3. Ratatouille (8/10)
4. Rise (8/10)
5. Smuggler's Run (5/10)

Not too shabby for new rides. I gave Ratatouille the edge over Rise because I feel like Rise will lose some of its luster now that it's not a surprise anymore. I also would rather reride Ratatouille moreso than Rise.

As for the new fireworks shows...

1. Enchantment 7.5/10
2. Harmonious 4/10

And my updated rankings of favorite parks...

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Hollywood Studios
4. Animal Kingdom
so when are you staying on the Galactic Starcruiser The Halcyon?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We also did a little trip today. We got up early (JenniferS type early, not @MinnieM123 or @NYwdwfan early) and went to Boldt Castle.

When we came back, we watched the Jays outside (they won), played a bean bag toss game (I lost), went swimming, and then met our old boss Ingrid at a restaurant in Kingston for dinner. We haven’t seen her since just before the pandemic started, so that was lovely. She has been very isolated since COVID descended upon us. It’s been 2 1/2 years since she’s been to a restaurant, so tonight was a bit of a watershed moment for her.

Some pics from the beautiful Boldt Castle on Heart Island:

BA9899B1-B6D4-452A-BAF2-82FDBCB5C820.jpeg9433A697-A977-4171-8B27-811A64E1E12B.jpeg761B041B-CEA5-442B-AD7E-558241AB2F65.jpegCD91A724-8DC0-4EA8-BD13-8C76AFF5A846.jpeg817EF730-0762-4D08-9BDD-DB9FFE328760.jpeg022EB068-3CBA-40AD-BBCD-562270842E94.jpeg12D78657-DE73-4D83-B02B-365F1B53D433.jpegCCFC403A-AB2D-4E61-B95A-739A1B8CD199.jpeg2C570554-0764-4636-836C-CB0748575C09.jpeg81EDF66B-10BC-4D56-9D19-3A414EFF998B.jpeg

PUSH

Original Poster
We also did a little trip today. We got up early (JenniferS type early, not @MinnieM123 or @NYwdwfan early) and went to Boldt Castle.

When we came back, we watched the Jays outside (they won), played a bean bag toss game (I lost), went swimming, and then met our old boss Ingrid at a restaurant in Kingston for dinner. We haven’t seen her since just before the pandemic started, so that was lovely. She has been very isolated since COVID descended upon us. It’s been 2 1/2 years since she’s been to a restaurant, so tonight was a bit of a watershed moment for her.

Some pics from the beautiful Boldt Castle on Heart Island:

View attachment 648010View attachment 648021View attachment 648022View attachment 648023View attachment 648024View attachment 648025View attachment 648026View attachment 648028View attachment 648029View attachment 648030
Very cool! Looks exactly like my house!

PUSH

Original Poster
Once we got back to DHS we used a LL for Toy Story Mania. After that we had another LL for Smugglers Run. We took our leisurely time walking back and explored Galaxy's Edge a little bit. My cousin's fiance is a big Star Wars fan, so he was in his element. It was fun to see how happy he was.

On Smugglers Run I was the gunner this time. I've now been all three positions. I have to say I like the gunner the best. It's the least involved, and I feel like you get to enjoy the ride more. I think the button pushing takes away from actually experiencing the ride.

After Smugglers Run we watched Muppet Vision. I always enjoy that show. I quote so many lines from it in my daily life. Some of my favorites are when Gonzo says, "Forever?!" Or when Sam Eagle gasps when Kermit says he has a minute and a half.

After Muppets we headed back to Toy Story Land to use a LL for Alien Swirling Saucers. I hadn't ridden it before this trip, but I enjoy it. It's a decent little ride. Not worthy of the 45 minute waits it's had, but if you have a LL to burn, I'd do it.

After Aliens we used our Slinky LL. I really enjoy the coaster, but wish it was longer. I'd never wait more than 40 or so minutes for it.

After Slinky, we headed out of the park. My mom and brother's fiancee went back to the hotel. My aunt, uncle, cousins, and cousin's fiance went to theirs. I forgot to mention they're staying at All Star Music. My cousin and her fiance leave tomorrow, but may join us in the morning if they can add tickets.

My dad, brother, and I decided to take the Skyliner to Epcot to ride Living with the Land when it was darker. I enjoyed the trip on the Skyliner. Seeing LwtL in the dark was a different experience. We headed out after the ride and took a bus back to the hotel.

Once at the hotel we went down to the Riverside Mill for dinner/desserts. I wasn't hungry, so I just got a black and white cupcake. It wasn't very good. The cake tasted like nothing, and the frosting wasn't very flavorful. I also got the cookies and cream cupcake to bring back to the room for another time.

Tomorrow's plans are Epcot in the morning and maybe MK at night? The evening is still up in the air.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Once we got back to DHS we used a LL for Toy Story Mania. After that we had another LL for Smugglers Run. We took our leisurely time walking back and explored Galaxy's Edge a little bit. My cousin's fiance is a big Star Wars fan, so he was in his element. It was fun to see how happy he was.

On Smugglers Run I was the gunner this time. I've now been all three positions. I have to say I like the gunner the best. It's the least involved, and I feel like you get to enjoy the ride more. I think the button pushing takes away from actually experiencing the ride.

After Smugglers Run we watched Muppet Vision. I always enjoy that show. I quote so many lines from it in my daily life. Some of my favorites are when Gonzo says, "Forever?!" Or when Sam Eagle gasps when Kermit says he has a minute and a half.

After Muppets we headed back to Toy Story Land to use a LL for Alien Swirling Saucers. I hadn't ridden it before this trip, but I enjoy it. It's a decent little ride. Not worthy of the 45 minute waits it's had, but if you have a LL to burn, I'd do it.

After Aliens we used our Slinky LL. I really enjoy the coaster, but wish it was longer. I'd never wait more than 40 or so minutes for it.

After Slinky, we headed out of the park. My mom and brother's fiancee went back to the hotel. My aunt, uncle, cousins, and cousin's fiance went to theirs. I forgot to mention they're staying at All Star Music. My cousin and her fiance leave tomorrow, but may join us in the morning if they can add tickets.

My dad, brother, and I decided to take the Skyliner to Epcot to ride Living with the Land when it was darker. I enjoyed the trip on the Skyliner. Seeing LwtL in the dark was a different experience. We headed out after the ride and took a bus back to the hotel.

Once at the hotel we went down to the Riverside Mill for dinner/desserts. I wasn't hungry, so I just got a black and white cupcake. It wasn't very good. The cake tasted like nothing, and the frosting wasn't very flavorful. I also got the cookies and cream cupcake to bring back to the room for another time.

Tomorrow's plans are Epcot in the morning and maybe MK at night? The evening is still up in the air.
We know where I come down on Disney cupcakes … two giant thumbs down. So much flavourless buttercream frosting … yuck!

As to MF:SR … meh. It’s okay, but it’s really just a souped up Star Tours.

PUSH

Original Poster
I can't believe I'm coming up on the last couple days of our trip. For being the longest trip I've ever taken, I don't feel like it's been that long. My feet and legs feel better than any other Disney trip I've taken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom