Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I feel so un-worldly, as I had to Google that and I still was ..."Who?".
Back in the day, every other ad on TV (up here anyway) was for the albums of this weirdly named, beautiful, black-haired singer with outrageously unattractive glasses.

Trust me, this joke rocked in grade 5 and 6!

Also, I just figured something else out - she's Greek, which must be what brought her to mind, being that Greece, of course, is big in the news right now.

ETA - Every other ad was for Ginzu knives. :hilarious:

NYwdwfan

Back in the day, every other ad on TV (up here anyway) was for the albums of this weirdly named, beautiful, black-haired singer with outrageously unattractive glasses.

Trust me, this joke rocked in grade 5 and 6!

Also, I just figured something else out - she's Greek, which must be what brought her to mind, being that Greece, of course, is big in the news right now.

ETA - Every other ad was for Ginzu knives. :hilarious:

Ginzu knives I've heard of. We used to have a lot of commercials for the record compilation "Freedom Rock". It started with two hippies listening to music and one says, "Is that Freedom Rock, man" and the other says, "Yeah, man" and the first says, "Well turn it up!" and it featured Ramblin' Man, Free Bird, etc. We also had a Jamaican psychic that yelled, "Call me Now!" a lot.

Oh look what I found!!!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
No Miss Cleo can't be a fraud - she told me I was going to win the lottery and just the other day I got an email saying that I won the Absolutely Famous Lottery International. Naysayers, what's this world coming too? o_O
Hubby always says that if they were true psychics, they would call him!

"Yes, no, yes, December, and 5/10/15/22/33/44 - Bonus number 19."

Last edited:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Did you see this post?

"A sound stage lounge, featuring benches and a trash can has opened at dhs. It is in the lobby of the old Jack Sparrow attraction."
I thought @PUSH left the World and came back to Wisconsin? o_O

trr1

:July 2: National Anisette Day
July 2; Philadelphia Wawa Hoagie Day
Overview
One of the tastier events taking place during Wawa Welcome America!, the 23rd annual Wawa Hoagie Day features a whopping 5 tons of hoagies and plenty of happy visitors.

Hungry Philadelphians and tourists are invited to the lawn outside the Independence Visitor Center on Independence Mall to enjoy a free hoagie, courtesy of Wawa.

The event serves as part of Wawa’s salute to the members of the military as well as fire and police departments. Enjoy performances from the USO Show Troupe, The Voice contestants Matthew Schuler and Audra McLaughlin and a special appearance by Food Network Chef Robert Irvine.

In addition to free food and entertainment, the National Constitution Center will be offering free admission all-day, courtesy of Wawa.

History
The first Wawa Hoagie Day was commemorated with a free, 500-foot hoagie at City Hall in 1992. On that day, then-Mayor Ed Rendell proclaimed the hoagie the “Official Sandwich of Philadelphia.”

For more information on Wawa Welcome America! and Wawa Hoagie Day,

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I meant to post this earlier, but better late than never.

All Canadian babies born in 1967 are referred to as "Centennial Babies", myself included - but who was the first baby born in Canada on July 1, 1967 and is therefore known as The Centennial Baby?

There has been something special about Pamela Anderson since the day she was born. She came into the world at 4:08 am as the first baby born on July 1st, 1967 and since that was the 100th anniversary of Canada, Anderson was dubbed the Centennial Baby. "That's where it all started" says Anderson. - See more at: http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/inductees/2006/pamela-anderson#sthash.qEYuJhYP.dpuf
Canadian, eh! Well that explains a lot. However, I have no incentive at all to read up on Pamela Anderson even if she was born on my doorstep.

Goofyernmost

Not sure if it's the lack of sleep or the cough syrup, but totally out of the blue, this almost 40 year old joke popped into my head.
Apologies if you don't get it. It's really lame. And did I mention almost 40 years old?

What's yellow, wears glasses, and sings?
Banana Mouskouri

I kid you not - I am laughing as I type this. And now, clearly it is time to go back to bed.
You got some splainin to do Lucy!

EDIT: Sorry, I see that you did answer that, but, I'm not sure how much of it is real and how much is illness/medication related. So I'll just let it go!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom