Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Clifton Hill, while cleaner than it ever was, is still tacky as heck!

IMG_4333.JPG IMG_4335.JPG

This scene at the Movieland Museum used to be Indy with the Ark. The scene itself was marginally better, but the music rocked.
For some reason, they were not playing the Pirates score, which is also pretty cool.
IMG_4409.JPG IMG_4411.JPG

A little better at night.
IMG_4465.JPG

This is way better.
IMG_4466.JPG

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Clifton Hill, while cleaner than it ever was, is still tacky as heck!

View attachment 216243 View attachment 216244

This scene at the Movieland Museum used to be Indy with the Ark. The scene itself was marginally better, but the music rocked.
For some reason, they were not playing the Pirates score, which is also pretty cool.
View attachment 216245 View attachment 216246

A little better at night.
View attachment 216247

This is way better.
View attachment 216248

spent many of nights on that street doing unspeakable things... :cautious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I think this satisfies the definition of a funicular, but they don't call it that. They should. It is such a fun word to say ... funicular, funicular, funicular. :hilarious:

IMG_4381.JPG IMG_4387.JPG IMG_4391.JPG

Horsies. I would like to do this in NYC next month. I fear it will be stupid expensive though; and we all know I'm CHEAP!
IMG_4386.JPG IMG_4394.JPG

I like the juxtaposition of old and new.
IMG_4380.JPG

And today, I'm back to watching Judge Judy in between doing a few loads of laundry. No worries.
IMG_4341.JPG

trr1

AirheadXBlue1__26370.1465856571.500.659.jpg
upload_2017-7-18_19-48-49.jpegupload_2017-7-18_19-50-25.jpegupload_2017-7-18_19-52-25.jpeg
stack-of-one-hundred-us-ten-dollar-bills-elevated-view-picture-id200397797-001
images
3d206aa814594fc4520460fd188fb739.jpg
q3caviar.jpg
20101223-egg-caviar-thumb-300xauto-130071.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Next up, New York City in T minus 27 days.

We'll be staying here:
View attachment 216278 View attachment 216279

I stayed there quite a few years ago--well before Marriott took it over--and they've really upgraded the hotel. I just checked out the photos now, and it's very nice.

The location can't be beat--I loved that it was within walking distance of so many things to see and do in the city. Nice choice!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I stayed there quite a few years ago--well before Marriott took it over--and they've really upgraded the hotel. I just checked out the photos now, and it's very nice.

The location can't be beat--I loved that it was within walking distance of so many things to see and do in the city. Nice choice!!
Yup, we stayed there back when it was a Radisson too. Marriott seems to have plussed it quite a bit.

Mike really liked the attached coffee shop/diner. He said it felt very Seinfeld 'ish. I appreciated the attached Starbuckie's. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yup, we stayed there back when it was a Radisson too. Marriott seems to have plussed it quite a bit.

Mike really liked the attached coffee shop/diner. He said it felt very Seinfeld 'ish. I appreciated the attached Starbuckie's. :)

Yes, a Radisson! That was driving me nuts, trying to remember who flagged it before Marriott came in.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I hate that the Dakota is now surrounded my modern buildings. Someone wasn't thinking!

IMG_4473.JPG

Thankfully the San Remo has fared better.
IMG_4474.JPG

I've still got some time, but I'm researching walking tours. This is one of the few times when I'm actually willing to pay. I love history and architecture. I fully expect to come home totally obsessed with the Dakota again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom