Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MOXOMUMD

worst candy ever...
th
I like those! Of course my teeth don't.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When my kids were little there was always a Halloween party in the church basement the weekend before Halloween. They had costume contests and games, and the prizes were always little bags of candy - 90% of it was Mary Janes, so we just regifted them Halloween night to some of the "too-old-for-trick-or-trick-or-treating" teens who'd show up with a giant pillowcase.

I went to a parochial grade school. Each class would have a little Halloween party with candy, and we could wear our costumes.

It was fun until 4th grade, when I had Sister Saint Angela for a nun. She was stern, and not in favor of these heathen costumes that the kids wore; so her class had to pick a saint from the bible, and dress up like the saint. I was Saint Teresa of the Little Flower. :rolleyes:

MOXOMUMD

I've never heard of them.
A quick Google search yielded a big "yuck".
They were my dad's favorite candy. The day after he was buried my husband and I put a few on his tombstone. Every year they would mysteriously show up there again. This went on every anniversary and we could not figure who was doing it. Years later my now ex admitted it was him and he still puts them out there.

Goofyernmost

Is it "Devil's Night" for any of you?

Not a big deal around here anymore, but 30-40 years ago, tonight would have been fillled with mayhem and mild vandalism.
Never had anything special the day before Halloween in New York State, but, in Vermont there was Cabbage night. Mild vandalism, cow tipping, etc. Here in NC, there doesn't seem to be much of anything that I am aware of.

Goofyernmost

If we're talking Hallowe'en minis, my list goes:

Caramilk
Coffee Crisp
Aero
Reese's PB Cups (not mini cups though, they're gross)
Kit Kat
Crispy Crunch
Smarties (the Canadian candy covered chocolate tablets, not Rockets)
M & M Peanut
Reese's Pieces
Skor
The lists of my favorites consist of....

Hershey's Dark Chocolate
And that's it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom