Where have you eaten in the world showcase and would you recomend it

The MadHatter

Original Poster
I have only eaten at a couple of pavilions and want to broaden my horizons this go around. recently i have been very disappointed and i really want to try something new here.

here is a list of where i have been too. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. food is one of my favorite parts of walt disney world and i love trying new places everytime i go.

1 bistro de paris.......amazing. makes the restaurant on the first floor taste like mcdonals. bistro is so far my favorite in the world showcase and was very unexpected.

2 le celliers in canada. the first time i dined here i was amazed. i loves the shrimp with wasabi slaw. the next time...about two years later...i felt that the quality slipped.

3 nine dragons....can anyone say glorified chinese take out. i sure can! felt like they ordered in then put it on a fancy plate. about 4 years ago they had an orange glazed peking duck. it was excellent. last time i dinned it was gone and replaced with more boring items such as kung pao chicken.

4 benihhana style japanese restaurant....... i went into this one thinking...oh no....all about the show with a side of mediocre food. man did i feel like an ______. i had the filet minon and it was exellent. i also enjoyed the saki sampler. deff a good spot.

5 finally the san angel inn.....love the darkness. there is a great restaurant in L.A that serves its food in pitch black conditions and relies soley on taste. very ballsy. as for the san angel inn, i will go everytime solely by tradition and environment. its my achilles heel. the food is pretty terrible but everyone has that sore spot for some really terrible place

thanks again for the input

shipley731

I've been to Le Cellier & Chefs du France - enjoyed the meals very much. Have reservations for Bistro on Jan. 29 & looking forward to it.

Husband & I have eaten in Biergarten for lunch and really liked it. Neither on of us are big eaters, so we generally avoid buffets, but I liked the food & entertainment here. The other party that got seated with was fairly rude however.

Back before it was character dining, husband & I ate at Akershus a couple of times for lunch and loved it. It was one of our favorite places to go. We were very sorry to see character dining come to this location. (We don't have kids & aren't all that enthused about shelling out more money just because the characters are there. If I was visiting with my family members that have small kids & they wanted to do a character meal, I would gladly shell out the money & not say a word. If it's just me & the spouse, we're more likely to shell out money at the Tequilla cave in Mexico.)

It's not in the World Showcase, but it's close, is Flying Fish at Boardwalk. It's in my top 5 favorite places to eat at WDW. The food is always great. Husband & I can usually get a seat at the bar and have dinner withour having an ADR.

zurgandfriend

I think I’ve eaten in just about every country at least once and taking everything into consideration; menu, presentation, atmosphere, etc Excluding the US pavilion, this is my opinion and it is only my opinion.

1. Le Cellier
2. Teppan Edo
3. Bistro de Paris
4. Biergarten
5. Tutto Italia
6. Restaurant Merrakesh
7. Chefs de France
8. Nine Dragons
9. Aherhaus
10. Rose and Crown
11. San Angel Inn

swimmom

On our last trip we tried two new restaurants in the World Showchase and they are on our list for our next trip.

Tokyo Dining was good. I had the tempura shrimp & scallops that also came with tempura vegetables. DH & DD had a tempura & sushi combination. We all liked our entrees. They also have a saki sampler, probably the same as Teppan Edo.

Restaurant Marrakesh was the other new restuarnat we tried. We all had the couscous with beef. The beef was very tender and the vegetables were great. For dessert my DD & I had the Marrakesh Delight - fruit topped ice cream & orange blossom water, which was very good, light & refreshing.

harryk

Morocco, Mexico, the Brits are staples of each visit to the World Showcase. Found France too crowded and Canada not to my taste since they went to sit-down. Enjoyed it very much when it was a buffet.
Had lunch in Germany this past December, and while a buffet found it a great substitute for Norway which went Character.
In EPCOT, the Living Seas dining is much over-rated while Living with the Land has always exceeded expectations.

Pioneer Hall

If you are looking for something a little more on the fun side and not just a normal sit and eat meal, I definitely recommend Biergarten. Of course, you have to enjoy German food in order to like the menu, but it is a very enjoyable meal.

tink65

Akershus Storybook Breakfast-yes
Teppen Edo-yes
Tangeriene Cafe-no
Chefs de France-yes
Le Cellier-yes, yes, yes

DisneyDreamer08

Here's my list and whether or not I would reccomend it :D

Akershus for lunch- delicious meal and desserts, great service, a little rushed though. YES
Boulangerie Patisserie- can't go wrong here! Always amazing. YES
Lotus Blossom- typical Chinese take out, hits the spot if thats what you're craving. YES
Marrakesh- unique choices, everything was amazing, except the coffee- so strong!!. YES
Rose and Crown- dinner was heavy and filling, left feeling 20 lbs heavier. A little uninspiring considering other, more unique choices. NO
Teppan Edo- exactly like every other hibachi restaurant in the country. Not special. It also so annoys me that they give you your vegetables and rice first, and your meat 10 minutes later (all hibachi places do this, don't know why). How hard is it to put the meat on the grill first and add the vegetables a few minutes later :shrug: NO

SuzieN

Akershus for breakfast - it was good but we're not huge breakfast people so I don't think I'd do it again
Biergarten - LOVE this place! food, atmosphere, and entertainment are all great!
Rose & Crown - it was kinda "eh" - I would try it again though to see if it's gotten any better
Le Cellier - good, not great - I don't get the hype
San Angel Inn - FABULOUS!!!! just went in October and it was fantastic - I don't know what it was like before but based on all of the crappy reviews they must have done some serious improving because it was one of the best meals of our trip - my new fave in World Showcase!!

armyfamilyof5

Akershus for breakfast, I have a 6 year old girl. Worth it or not?? Thanks,

Carey

If you daughter is into princesses then this is the place for her! All of them are there. We went last March and received a picture with Belle. Mulan was there, my oldest loves Mulan because she is a hero too! The food was good (much better than CP but less selection). Our youngest loves pancakes and the chef made them for her special. I think Akershus is great as our family really enjoyed it.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom