where do you start to become an imagineer?

steviej

major in engineering and ABSOLUTELY do the cp. Make sure you take advantage of every single networking session you can.

scoobygirl39541

Definitely takes more than just a degree in engineering. And don't chose chemical because I have a chemical engineering degree and Disney has no use for those :(

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I did "Dine with an Imagineer" this past trip, and ate with Diego Parris.

While officially Disney says that every Imagineer position is publically available, I strongly suspect it is an internal only promotion. Something that someone with tenure in the company doing something else (like working at a theme park, or in animation, or park operations) is likely to be tapped for.

I strongly doubt that if you apply straight out of college, or even with years of traditional experience, unless the applicant can prove they are overwhelmingly qualified for WDI's own internal qualifications (which they will never share), they'd even consider someone.

CaptainShortty

I did "Dine with an Imagineer" this past trip, and ate with Diego Parris.

While officially Disney says that every Imagineer position is publically available, I strongly suspect it is an internal only promotion. Something that someone with tenure in the company doing something else (like working at a theme park, or in animation, or park operations) is likely to be tapped for.

I strongly doubt that if you apply straight out of college, or even with years of traditional experience, unless the applicant can prove they are overwhelmingly qualified for WDI's own internal qualifications (which they will never share), they'd even consider someone.

It's not. I have a friend who was hired by Disney to be a graphic design imagineering intern and had never worked for the company in any capacity before. She was then hired on full-time. MOST people in Disney are not hired on as full time. They are either interns, seasonal or part-time until a full-time position opens up. Even managers can be on temporary assignment for years before being a full-time statused manager.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom