Where do you go first when you arrive at Magic Kingdom?

SheenaXena

Budahman said:
Although we try not to ever plan what to do when arriving at MK on the first 1/2 day we arrive.....I think for the most part, we have always went to Tomorrowland. That seems to be the majority on the boards here........I might have to change that for our next trip and maybe goto Adventureland or Frontierland.
Now on our first FULL day when we go to MK, now that we have alittle girl, we kinda go to Fantasyland and get some things out of the way for her first. It kinda also helps me and the wife not be so hyped in the morning as well and run (like we used to) to Space Mtn or Spalsh Mtn. :)

I think I'm going to try that this time, going to Fantasyland first. My 5 and 7 year old cousins are going. And all the 5 year old talks about is Cinderella's Castle. And the 7 year old just wants to ride Tower of Terror. I've read the guidebooks and their stressing Space Mtn. first thing or Splash Mtn. I don't know. Hopefully the park isn't going to be really crowded. It wasn't real bad last time.(Oct 99) I'm just happy its so close. 30 days(almost):sohappy:

tinkerbellish

If it's the first day of our trip, without fail, we have one of the CMs on Main Street take our picture in front of Cinderella Castle- it's always my favorite souvenir! If it's not the first day- we usually make a b-line for Aloha Isle for yet another Dolewhip!!! :slurp:

Northgurl24

It was a lot easier to plan MK when there was only the extra hour in the morning and only tomorrowland was open the hour early because we could do space mountain, buzz and the speedway before there was really any crowds there. A little before 10, we went over towards splash mountain before it opened and then were one of the first ones on before a crowd got there and we could get on a few times. Now its a little harder to decide where to go, but i always end up going to splash first because I can always get a FP for space later on

WED1971

Are you kidding??? MSB to get highly caffinated (its worth the wait...)
Instant energy - and a great house blend!!!!!!!!:slurp:

the-reason14

On me and my dads independent trips, we always hit Splash Mountain first. Then probably go to fantasyland and do the rides we usually skip and then end up in Tomorrowland. Since in the summer we have my mom and brother with us, we can never and probably will never be able to get to MK or any park when it first opens.

We usually always head out to Frontierland first. Get FP for Splash, ride Splash with a short stand-by wait, ride BTMR, then go to the Pirates, and then it is time to go ride Splash again with our FP. We usually work our way around the park clockwise from there.

tigger_rox00

there really no plan to it. I really like to look at the statue of Walt and Mickey. That usually gets the Magic really flowing for me. But like I said, theres really no plan, just go.

TTFN

SGT623

I've had the same routine since my first trip in 1981. Pirates Of The Carribean has always been my first stop, usually followed by a burger with waaay to many toppings at Peco's Bills...ummmmm...Peco's Burger.....then it's around the park clockwise. As far as the week goes, I spend the first 4 days in one park in the order they opened, then it's a free for all.

Brian_B

TTA, immediately. Even if I don't mean to. Even if I really REALLY want to go on pirates. Even if TTA is 101. I'm on the TTA, always. That's where I do all my pondering of the day's MK excursion...what to see, what not to see...TTA is good....TTA...

I'm trying to convince the CM's there to let me make a bed out of one of the cars and just live on the TTA forever.

- Brian

snoopi_grl

I usually head to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
That's what most people do: go to Tomorrowland first.

If we are in the park for opening we head straight for Splash Mountain then Big Thunder Mountain then Pirates.
If we hit the park later on we go to Space Mountain and Buzz, hopefully we can get a Fast Pass and then go on Carousel of Progress and the People Mover whilst waiting for the Fast Pass to kick in.

Blackie Pueblo

My wife and I never seem to have a plan, unless we are with someone else. When it's just the two of us, we usually just wander the park and hit whatever we come to. We've started going to the left though, learning that the majority of people head to the right.

Blackie Pueblo
www.newlineagefilms.com

It's A Small World, every time :D

Last time we arrived though was our first Christmas trip. The time was around 7pm, and we spent about 10 minutes looking at the amazing decorations on Main Street. Then of to IASW.

slowbee

first thing is to go and see mickey mouse. hope on the WDW RR and take it to toon town. It's always the first and last part of our trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom