Where did the rootbeer float go?

Tiggersgreat

We used to get awesome rootbeer and orange floats at Animal Kingdom and as of last May they were no longer there. They used to be in a "van" that was very colorful on the way to the Kali River Rapids, just as you turn off the main path. Does anyone know if you can still get these any where in WDW?

Tiggersgreat

Original Poster
Thank you so much. My kids are very happy! They have kept the special straws you get with the floats, and now they use them at home often - nice souvenier!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We had a great rootbeer float in AK near safarri. little corner counter shop, window on each side served cold drinks and ice cream cones/floats. We used our dining snack options for the floats and the kids loved the little plastic pluto sippy straws/spoons

Upvote 0

Tiggersgreat

Original Poster
This is great! I had no idea they were in other places. Also, thanks for the snack tip - we will be taking advantage of the dining plan this time!!!!

Upvote 0

Tiggersgreat

Original Poster
The icecream was the real deal! I had to ask my son to be sure, and he remembered it well! It really was a great memory for him! Remember your first rootbeer float?!!

Upvote 0

TowerOfTerror

Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Africa is the place Dwarful was talking about. Its is located near the front right corner of Africa. And Ice Cream Cabin in Camp Minnie-Mickey is the name of the place that jkidd1982 mentioned.

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

You are looking for Anandapur Ice Cream Truck.
It was moved next to Expedition Everest.

045_45_022.jpg

Be proud of me. I finally figured out how to post a picture. I took over 1500 last December at Disney World and I never knew how to share them.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

It ended up being 8 days of my mom waiting for me to get "just one more picture". I think she was glad when on the last day I had already packed the camera and we could get through downtown disney without stopping. I still haven't been able to get them all developed but I do have them all on my computer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom