Where Did The Crowds Go???

imagineersrock

Original Poster
OK, so approximatley 2 weeks ago, we thought it might be nice to go for a few days to disney over our spring break, unfortunantly, practically every room on disney property was sold out! -thats right, practically no rooms available! so, we scratched that idea (especially after hearing things like TOT at mgm having a 4-hour wait one of those days..! but anyway, so we were just considering our easter plans and thought, why not go during this long weekend (thurs. the 17-sun the 20) and even though this is just a day away, there are lots of available rooms at practically all of the hotels!?!
so my question for you is; it is going to be busy for easter correct??? i mean, i'm assuming that it will be busy, but will it however be AS busy as we've seen for the past few weeks?

-thanks in advance for your replies; -thanks!:cool:

Brooke

i was at mgm during spring break and TOT was only a 30 minutes wait. who would ever wait 4 hours??!!! um that's insane.....:p

Becky

Originally posted by Brooke
. who would ever wait 4 hours??!!! um that's insane.....:p

Agreed.:D

I did the single rider line at TT late December (10 minutes) and people were standing in the stand by line with a posted wait time of 280 minutes!:eek:

Katherine

I'm going to assume that the reason you can get a room but everything else is crazy is because Florida residence come up. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Coronado

Hotel openings jump up for about a 8 hour period three days before the day of stay... cancelations must be in 72 hours before arrival date... you hit the window of opportunity.... When we stay, we always call reservations (it is in Tampa by the way) at 7:00 AM three days before our trip... we always get what we want.... Reason: credits to bank cards are cleared over night.... they can not book a room until the reservation credit is applied to the cancelation..... the only down side.... discount codes are voided when the cancelation is made.... have fun.

BRER STITCH

Oh Yeah!
It will be crowded!

The locals who will be jamming the park on this Holiday weekend don't need a resort room!

I was there last week and saw no sign that crowds were lower anywhere we went.

:lookaroun

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Brooke
i was at mgm during spring break and TOT was only a 30 minutes wait. who would ever wait 4 hours??!!! um that's insane.....:p
I don't even get a Fast Pass if the return time is 4 hours away!!!!

Cosmo

Originally posted by Katherine
I'm going to assume that the reason you can get a room but everything else is crazy is because Florida residence come up. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

as far as i know (and I'm going this weekend) FL resident rates don't kick in for a little over a week yet.

midnightstar17

I don't know where you got a 4 hour wait for TOT. I went there during spring break (1st time ever!) March 29-31 and we didn't encounter crownds until the magic kingdom. At 11 A.M when we got to AK the line for Klimanjaro Safris was 10 Minutes! There was no line for Space earth or Honey I shruck the audience at Epcot. At MGM the longest line for TOT was 13 min. Once again I never waited it line for more then about 15 min that day. At Magic Kindgom it was bad though. 60 min for both Space mountain and Big Thunder (along with several other rides that I wanted to ride). I hope you have a fun time battling the crowds this weekend!

imagineersrock

Original Poster
wow those wait times are really cool/or seriously depressing, -it depends how you look at it...

but anyway, my question for you is when we say easter will be busy, how BUSY do you consider busy? just use this as an example; how long would you say the line for an e-ticket like splash mountain would be this weekend? -are we talking still relatively short such as 15-30 min, or are we more in the 1hr.-90 min time range, or even more riduclous times than that??
-thanks again.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom