Where can you find good quality Disney shirts?

rob0519

I have a Animal Kingdom polo shirt that I bought in 1998 that is in still really great shape today. I might sneak it in the suitcase and past my wife for our upcoming trip.

That's the point. You bought it in 1998 when the clothing still had quality. I still wear two of three dress shirts I got at WDW in 2002. Any tshirt I bought in the last several years is long gone. I have a polo that's about 3 years old now and it's wearing out as well. The profit margin on these paper thin $25-$35 dollar shirt must be enormous.

HollyAD

I have not purchased a shirt from Disney in years! I agree that the quality, fit, and appearance has gone downhill. However, when I do find something remotely wearable it is usually at individual resort gift shops. We usually hit the shops at the contemporary and the GF. I know those same shirts are probably also at the world of disney store but I prefer shopping at the smaller places. As a pirate fan I hit the shop at the exit of POTC and have found a few cute items there as well. For my son's shirts I alway hit Target. They have super cute Disney shirts for $8. Last year bought him a planes shirt and he still LOVES it.

rob0519

With few exceptions, our apparel purchases are made at the deluxe resort shops as well, usually, the Polynesian or the CR.

dreamfinder

Etsy, redbubble, etc. While not official, the quality and variety usually well outpaces anything sold in the parks. And as mentioned, there has been some quality product coming out of random stores like Target and even Hot Topic of late.

KLeigh

I work for a nationwide wholesale blank apparel distributor, and the market trends are definitely still heading towards the lighter, more fitted, vintage looking tees and fleece.

My advice, is when you find a shirt you like is to take very good care of it. Wash in cold water, with like colors, on a gentle cycle. Avoid washing with jeans or towels as these will beat up the shirts much faster. If you must put the shirts in the dryer (air drying is much better) do so on the lowest heat setting.

There is a difference between shirts made for retail and for wholesale, even if it's the same brand (Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, etc). Retail made shirts tend to have a thinner collar, better designed size specs, and softer material. Wholesale shirts - like the shirts found inside the theme parks - have wider collars, more relaxed size specs, and a slightly rougher feel to them. Obviously there are exceptions, depending on the brand and style of garment.

Can you tell I'm writing this from my desk at work today? :rolleyes:

Captainvideo

Original Poster
I work for a nationwide wholesale blank apparel distributor, and the market trends are definitely still heading towards the lighter, more fitted, vintage looking tees and fleece.

My advice, is when you find a shirt you like is to take very good care of it. Wash in cold water, with like colors, on a gentle cycle. Avoid washing with jeans or towels as these will beat up the shirts much faster. If you must put the shirts in the dryer (air drying is much better) do so on the lowest heat setting.

Can you tell I'm writing this from my desk at work today? :rolleyes:
Thank you for the tips on doing laundry, since no lie, I do 3/5 of the laundry in my house. I thought my wife and mother in law knew everything about laundry, but apparently not! My version of doing laundry is, as you can guess, a man's version. Throw it all in. When I do find some decent disney shirts someday I will be sure to keep them away from the jeans, and I will not show my wife up with this added knowledge. Keep this btw me and you.
I appreciate your "work related" input. It was a consult with No loss in productivity!

Sassagoula-Rvr

I don't usually buy t-shirts anymore...go for the "classier" looking ones...I have a heavier Disney world retro logo one from the 40th and a few sweaters that are heavier...living in a cold climate...it doesn't really bother me. I did find a dry fit WDW logo one last trip...took that home...those are the best in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom