Where are the gulls?

PurpleDragon

I've always gone during the summer and I've never seen gulls in WDW, primarily because of the explanation Figment82 gave. Whenever we go down to WDW we usually see Ducks, Ibis, Finches, and crows. The finches and can get down right annoying, they are usually the ones who will actually land on your table or the chair next to you and bounce back and fourth trying to steal food.

I've had the most trouble with finches and crows in the past, the ducks you can usually swat at and spook them, but the finches and crows are often times fearless and will not leave you alone despite your best efforts.

tizzo

People shouldn't feed ANY birds at WDW. There's the gulls, ducks and the nasty black birds at the Blizzard Beach dining area. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY!

For that matter, people shouldn't feed seagulls ANYWHERE. I used to live near the shore in NJ and my town had a lot of little eateries along the beach with outdoor dining areas along the boardwalk. Without fail some idiot finishing up their meal would start throwing their crumbs and left over french fries to the gulls watching from a distance, and suddenly the place would be swarmed. It's always been a pet peeve of mine.

I suspect that this, along with littering, are the main reasons that food isn't permitted on NJ beaches. Although this is a prohibition that I've often seen ignored and never seen enforced - at least the last time I was at a NJ beach 10+ years ago.

PhilharMagician

I have been lucky, but I watched a Gull swoop in and grab a turkey leg from a guy. The damn bird just started pecking at the turkey leg and the guys was trying to get it back and the bird got ed. The bird won!
I have thought about carrying a tennis racket and wacking a few of them.

The worst place has to be at Flametree in AK. They are annoying!

fillerup

My theory is that since gulls are fairly smart birds they have simply realized how lousy Disney CS food has become and headed back to the landfills for something more edible.

castlecake2.0

Frontierland has always been lousy with seagulls, but the most horrifying spot to me is World Showcase on the way to Canada. I recall in the past the use of recordings of predator birds at the Electric Umbrella and Norway pavilion (the same tactic used by IKEA in their parking lots) to deter birds, but don't remember hearing the recording lately.

That was the WORST because of the Refreshment Port. I was walking to work one day in Canda and almost recieved a 'present' from one of them on my way, I eneded up wearing my winter costume coat to work everyday for protection :p . As mentioned before, they usually showed up in October ish and then were gone in the spring, they fly in from the coast during the cold months...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom