Where are the F&W Fest details?

mickeysaver

How is it that there is a big event like the F&W Fest that starts in less than 3 months and there is no info available about the special programs that are going to be offered? :shrug:

We are less than a month away from being able to book the special programs/events, yet Disney hasn't given us the specifics. I just find it really odd that they have only released the Eat to the Beat performers. Without this info, it makes itinerary planning a real pain.

Does anyone have any idea of when we can expect more info? Maggie

LuLaSue

When I went last year during the Food and Wine Festival we encountered the same dilemma. I don't remember when the information flow began:shrug: .
Sorry:(

Upvote 0

Stitch's Cousin

When I went last year during the Food and Wine Festival we encountered the same dilemma. I don't remember when the information flow began:shrug: .
Sorry:(

I've been impatiently waiting as well for this year's event schedule. I have a printout I made last year from an unofficial site (posted before the official site of course!), and it's dated July 18th. Events could be booked beginning July 31st, 2006 - so we may be given ~2 weeks notice this year as well. If that's the case, we should see the schedule the week of July 23rd.

Hopefully sooner!!!!

Upvote 0

DVCconvert

How is it that there is a big event like the F&W Fest that starts in less than 3 months and there is no info available about the special programs that are going to be offered? :shrug:

We are less than a month away from being able to book the special programs/events, yet Disney hasn't given us the specifics. I just find it really odd that they have only released the Eat to the Beat performers. Without this info, it makes itinerary planning a real pain.

Management is waiting to see if there's any possible way to resurrect Julia Childs to headline the event.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

OK so we have all the Christmas Details...http://www.wdwmagic.com/xmas.htm Thanks:xmas:

How about some details on W&FF since booking reservations begins in only 26 days.:hammer: Are most of the people who attend locals, so they dont think anyone needs to make full travel plans?

How would people feel if Christmas details didnt come out until Nov. 1st?

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
:brick: No kidding! Could you imagine the whine that would be squealing out from every corner of the unofficial Disney identified internet?

The waiting just stinks! :mad: Maggie

Upvote 0

officeboy

Info release dates

In an email from a Disney employee associated with the Food and Wine event I was told the following:

"Reservations open on Monday, August 6th, 7:00 a.m. by calling 407-WDW-FEST.
We will have the festival programming available on the Disney Website on August 3rd.
We will no longer be sending via post the programming information."

I hope this helps. Stephen

Upvote 0

hls1023

In an email from a Disney employee associated with the Food and Wine event I was told the following:

We will have the festival programming available on the Disney Website on August 3rd.

Geez...Nothing like them waiting until the last minute...:mad:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster

Ok, this is completely unacceptable. The longer it takes to learn the dates and times of the specific events the harder it becomes to tweak my existing ADR's in order to make it all work. They need to put out something sooner than August 3rd! :( Maggie

Upvote 0

Thessair

You know, it's entirely possible that they have a very good reason not to have released that information yet. It usually comes out pretty quickly so this strikes me as an aberration with some underlying issues. It's not like they're deliberately trying to ruin anyone's vacation. Getting all huffy and hurling angry retorts around isn't going to help. As visitors we're entitled to so advance notice, yes, but it's not like they're waiting to announce it until the day before.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

As visitors we're entitled to so advance notice, yes, but it's not like they're waiting to announce it until the day before.
Yes just 3 days before :lookaroun . Please, if they start taking reservations on Aug 6th and have only released details on Aug 3rd, those of us who have to arrange vacation time, travel, accommidations, etc. can miss out on what events we want to attend unless we can act quickly.
Its just that 3 days notice seems a bit short, when you look at Halloween & Christmas announcements.

Upvote 0

Thessair

Yes just 3 days before :lookaroun . Please, if they start taking reservations on Aug 6th and have only released details on Aug 3rd, those of us who have to arrange vacation time, travel, accommidations, etc. can miss out on what events we want to attend unless we can act quickly.
Its just that 3 days notice seems a bit short, when you look at Halloween & Christmas announcements.

That's true, but there has to be a reason for it. It's not like they're sitting around laughing with evil intent and trying to torpedo vacation plans. I just don't see the point of getting worked up about it because it isn't going to change anything. All that's going to happen is that person's stress level is going to rise over something they have absolutely no control over. I can't do everything I want on each and every trip down, but I do try my best to enjoy those activities I do get to participate in. I suppose, in a roundabout way, I'm just trying to say that focusing on the positive is usually preferable to narrowing one's vision on the negative.

Upvote 0

WDWcouple

I will be dialing at 6:58am to make sure that I get my 2 tickets to an evening with the brewer... The Sam Adams event

If not I will be paying twice the price for someones tickets :lol:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

Original Poster
You know, it's entirely possible that they have a very good reason not to have released that information yet. It usually comes out pretty quickly so this strikes me as an aberration with some underlying issues. It's not like they're deliberately trying to ruin anyone's vacation. Getting all huffy and hurling angry retorts around isn't going to help. As visitors we're entitled to so advance notice, yes, but it's not like they're waiting to announce it until the day before.

I agree that it sounds like there is some larger problem behind the delay. I certainly hope that they can resolve all of their issues soon. I also agree that it's not a deliberate attempt to screw around with the guests. Advance notice is something that anyone trying to please guests should realize is important....a three day notice is not really enough in my opinion......two weeks or more would be quite nice.

Yes, I admit that I am quite grumpy about this. I have had more Disney planning glitches in the course of planning this trip than I have ever encountered. So, if I come off as sounding huffy, well, it's just that I am about one more glitch away from really going into fully hormonal PMS blowout huffitude :goodnevil :fork: :goodnevil ....and that ain't pretty folks.

I just want the glitches to come to an end. I don't wanna wait. I want to plan it all out and be done with the planning side so that I can finally relax. This is supposed to be a special once in a lifetime blinged out budget affair for us. I am just tired of all the drama that is going into planning it. Maggie

Upvote 0

VoiceGuy07

Ok, this is completely unacceptable. The longer it takes to learn the dates and times of the specific events the harder it becomes to tweak my existing ADR's in order to make it all work. They need to put out something sooner than August 3rd! :( Maggie

Totally agree! Part of the fun is taking days to review, analyze, plan and agonize over how to fit everything in.

Upvote 0

VoiceGuy07

I will be dialing at 6:58am to make sure that I get my 2 tickets to an evening with the brewer... The Sam Adams event

If not I will be paying twice the price for someones tickets :lol:

Have been lucky enough that our last two vacations occurred during the week of the Sam Adams dinner. What a fantastic event! Nothing more entertaining than some great food and watching Jim Koch throughout the evening.

Hoping it's timed with this year's trip as well - see you there!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom