where are the 20k leagues vehicles buried

WDWFigment

My question is why did these not go to MouseSurplus? Would they have been given an option on these? It's not like they're too big, they've had monorails for sale before.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
Mousesurplus was not around at the time and they would not have a way to move these massive steel structures it woulda cost tons.

iheartdisney91

isnt that poluting? the subs will eventually they will decompose or erode or something like that, but it wont be for a while...

but this is really sad, poor subs. but why did they bury them? i wonder if they at least kept one. isnt there one in BLT??

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
isnt that poluting? the subs will eventually they will decompose or erode or something like that, but it wont be for a while...

but this is really sad, poor subs. but why did they bury them? i wonder if they at least kept one. isnt there one in BLT??
well, hard to say. if my memory serves, fedex and ups take their fleet of trucks that are decomissioned, strip them, spray them down with white paint and crush them. now, i cant recall totally if this is accurate, but im pretty sure. maybe since they are painted and raw steel isnt being exposed, it would take 300 years for it to wear through (long enough to say that a. im not going to be around and b. i wonder if MK will be around to care)

gsimpson

DisneySeas sub

when I was at Disney seas a few years ago they said that the sub was one of the old subs from WDW that had been stripped down and had the insides replaced with special effects lighting.

Jesùs_Carioca

Alright...so my question is... puuurely hypothetically speaking, but of course... Let's just say i was to park at the cast space right in front of the area that was right in front of the boneyard...on the backroad to the Magic Kingdom...where I'm pretty sure it isn't fenced off (if i remember correctly)...

would i be able to see any form of bumps or be able to atleast point out the patches of where the submarines were?

Or...sneak near enough for a 10 second picture? Heh.

Lee

Adventurer
When they were in the boneyard behind Pluto lot, you could just drive almost right up to them. I did. Couple times.
However, they are buried in a secure location in the northwest corner of the property. No way for an unauthorized person to get close to that without a fearsome hike.

Rob562

Well, seeing as how the ore to build the subs came out of the ground, I guess they're just returning them to where they came from. :)

As for their exact location, you'd have to be able to drive down Maple Road in order to get the the landfill. But because Maple Road is the location of the on-site fireworks bunkers, it's guarded and closed off pretty well (as Lee said)...

-Rob

gregburg

Last year I was at Tokyo Seas and I thought that the Sub was from WDW, but on closer review I think it was a new one.

See below.

060425_0049_E0129_compressed.jpg

-Greg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, I thought that they had been cryogenically frozen and kept beside Walt below the castle (next to the missles.) :lookaroun

PeeplMoovr

When they were in the boneyard behind Pluto lot, you could just drive almost right up to them. I did. Couple times.
However, they are buried in a secure location in the northwest corner of the property. No way for an unauthorized person to get close to that without a fearsome hike.

I'm always up for an adventurous/fearsome hike.

By the way, I like your avatar. I used to work in Rapid City, SD, during my college-years summers, and some people there still told legends about the Gem up in Deadwood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom