Where are all the people? Sept 1-8 TR

We are back from another action pack, yet surprisingly relaxing, Disney World adventure. Our latest trip took place September 1st thru the 8th and had us residing in a studio at the Beach Club Villas. It had been a while since we stayed in our home resort and it felt so nice to be back. Let’s face it though, it was nice to be back in Disney at all. There was a gap of nine whole months in between trips this time. Usually we try to schedule the trips about 6 months apart. This keeps it so once you are back home it isn’t too sad as there is already another trip to look forward too. When we got back from our trip last January we didn’t even have this trip scheduled yet…very depressing.

Many times when we go to Disney, it is with extended family that can number over 20 people at one time. This trip however we kept it small with only my parents, my sister and I. This was very different for us, but it was a fun trip. Although it felt very relaxing we were able to do just about everything that we wanted.

So who am I? My name is Lindsay and I am a 26 year old vegan. I have been going to Disney with my family often since I was little and although the nature of the trips has changed somewhat, my love for the place has not. This is my third trip to Disney as a vegan, but I was concerned since I had learned that many of the old standby foods had been replaced with non vegan alternatives.

6468321721_dd157ca45b.jpg

My sister will also be appearing often in this report though this was not technically a vacation for her, more on that later. She is 22 , just graduated from college and has recently moved to the Orlando area for a while. This is actually one of the reasons for the gap between trips, we timed this vacation so that we can visit.

6468329789_1b6d589cc3.jpg

rani8600

Original Poster
After our walk through the trail it was time for us to go behind scenes. We started with the hippos. We were even able to watch them feed them.

WildAfricaTrek026_zpsdca9dba8.jpg

WildAfricaTrek027_zps9c5f65bf.jpg

WildAfricaTrek032_zps42a16d81.jpg

WildAfricaTrek045_zps3eb2a2c1.jpg

WildAfricaTrek048_zps1a7f3c24.jpg

After we left the hippos it was time to go over our first set of rope bridges. This part was really cool, they have the bridges over the alligators and crocodiles. We learned a lot about the crocodiles. For example, they are the only animals that our always on set. The only time they are taken back is for their medical checks and if Disney is expecting a bad storm or hurricane.

WildAfricaTrek051_zpsea881ed5.jpg

WildAfricaTrek054_zps1f28a37d.jpg

WildAfricaTrek055_zpsc7fed0fd.jpg

WildAfricaTrek056_zps4a3128c0.jpg

WildAfricaTrek059_zps6a6d32e4.jpg

WildAfricaTrek060_zps92cc6238.jpg

WildAfricaTrek062_zps3725e256.jpg

WildAfricaTrek064_zps62958321.jpg

WildAfricaTrek070_zps9dbc9af7.jpg

WildAfricaTrek083_zpsd3009b57.jpg

rani8600

Original Poster
Once we were done here, it was time to move to our safari truck for the rest of our tour. We also got to lose the gear, which was nice as it was heavy. This part of the tour was a really long and in-depth safari. It was really nice, as we were able to pull over and go in areas that you don’t get to go in on the regular safari. We spent like 20 minute just hanging out with some giraffes.

WildAfricaTrek113_zpsd5e50100.jpg

WildAfricaTrek115_zps5a6b7eb7.jpg

WildAfricaTrek116_zpse1b8e191.jpg

WildAfricaTrek125_zps5ebd7020.jpg

WildAfricaTrek126_zpsd3d8deee.jpg

WildAfricaTrek127_zps3c7cac89.jpg

WildAfricaTrek128_zps27432033.jpg

WildAfricaTrek131_zps11c773f3.jpg

rani8600

Original Poster
About half way through the safari part of the tour, it was time for lunch. This was one of the most relaxing lunches I have ever had. The area that they set it up in was sooo nice. You have near 360 views of the savannah. The weather was perfect, warm with a nice breeze. There were animals all around. You get like 30 minutes to just eat and walk around.

They ask if you have any dietary restrictions when you sign up for the tour. All of the food for lunch is provided by tusker house. There were able to prepare an all vegan menu that was absolutely delicious. They serve it to you in the really neat lunch boxes. I wish I know where I could get one.

WildAfricaTrek167_zpsf09e42e7.jpg

WildAfricaTrek172_zps5960345e.jpg

a68d47c1.jpg

WildAfricaTrek179_zps3dbb6430.jpg

WildAfricaTrek182_zps205438c2.jpg

rani8600

Original Poster
After we got back into the truck and were able to see the rest of the savannah.

WildAfricaTrek183_zpsd02da206.jpg

WildAfricaTrek184_zps4b0d397d.jpg

WildAfricaTrek186_zps1f290a5f.jpg

WildAfricaTrek195_zpse3c9cc85.jpg

WildAfricaTrek197_zps55adb929.jpg

WildAfricaTrek199_zps2605c407.jpg

All too soon our tour was over. They told us that a portion of our tour fees would be donated to and animal charity of our choosing. Both my sister and I chose Big Cats.

WildAfricaTrek200_zps2075c2c6.jpg

This was a really great tour and I would totally do it again.

rani8600

Original Poster
After the tour was over it was about 3:30. We had early dinner reservations at 50s Primetime, so we hopped a bus for DHS.

b925efe0.jpg

19125819.jpg

34d27e5f.jpg

d656ba27.jpg

For dinner I opted for my usual, a peanut butter and jelly milkshake (rice dream milk and ice cream) with a side a fries. Sooo good. It was a great last meal in Disney.

While we were eating the skies had opened and it was raining very hard. We had to wait in the lobby for a little until the rain lightened up. Once it did we had to catch a bus back to the resort as the boats were not running because of the lightening.

We called it an early night as our flight was very early the next morning. We were up at four am to Saturday to catch our flight. It was a great trip and I can’t wait to go back for Christmas!

midwest_mice

We were there over Labor Day and that is my new favorite time of year to go. We always go in January, but after our days in the park Labor Day and the following Tuesday, I have never seen the parks so empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom