When your ticket doesn't work....

Sharon L

Original Poster
I have heard that sometimes your ticket will not let you go through the turnstile and the cast member has to do a manual override. The Fastpass machines will then not accept your ticket because technically it has not been activated for that day. Does anyone know if you can get this problem corrected? I can see something like this happening to me and then not being able to use Fastpass all day.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Guest relations can reissue a ticket if it is demagnetized.

TheDisneyMagic

I think this destroys the whole point of finger printing every guest. We have allways had this with Anual Passes and if the machine did not accept our hand print we were ascorted to Guest relations to make sure that they were our passes. But since magic your way was introduced, on every trip we have had we have seen people that has not had their finger prints accepted and the cast member just over rides the system and allows them to enter.

With this happening what is the point of the finger print system? :confused:

mkt

Premium Member
To make Disney seem more secure? No clue. The initian intention I think was to make sure used tickets weren't being resold to other people.

mob308

It's not a "fingerprint" machine, it is bio-metrics. It makes a "map" of your fingers and encodes it to the magnetic strip. That way only you can use it. If the turnstile person is doing their job correctly, and this applies specifically to Annual Passes, Cast member ID's, etc, if the ticket is demagged, they have to see a photo ID in order to let you into the park. If you do not have an ID, you have to go to guest relations and go through the 20 questions to verify you are who you say you are. They are supposed to be doing this with the new ticket tag system, but for one day tickets, and some of the lower end tickets, they may just manually override and let you in, though they aren't supposed to. And yes, guest relations can re-issue tickets so they will work with fast pass machines.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Sharon L said:
I have heard that sometimes your ticket will not let you go through the turnstile and the cast member has to do a manual override. The Fastpass machines will then not accept your ticket because technically it has not been activated for that day. Does anyone know if you can get this problem corrected? I can see something like this happening to me and then not being able to use Fastpass all day.

I don't know if this is true or not, but assuming it is, there is always a CM near the Fastpass machines who can override one for you in the event that your ticket won't work.

mkt

Premium Member
That's provided the CM is actually there, which is sometimes the case.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wandering over to the cue to inform them that the Fastpass machine is broken and giving them puppy dog eyes sometimes gets you right into the Fastpass line :)

MickeyTigg

Ticket

At least with AP's...you put the ticket into the machine and waits until the bio-metric okays the ID, validates the day on the ticket and spits it out. All the "override" does is override the bio-metrics. The ticket is still validated with the override...shouldn't affect FastPass at all.

m star

We have had the most awful problems with this. If the biometrics don't work, you won't get any fastpasses. If you have any problems with this, go to Guest Relations.

SewIn2Disney

I have a medical condition in which my biofield rotates counterclockwise....long story short....I de magnitize credit cards, kill digital watches, drain cell phone batterys, etc.
My AP NEVER works, they always have to manually override it, and I can still get Fastpasses.

peter11435

m star said:
We have had the most awful problems with this. If the biometrics don't work, you won't get any fastpasses. If you have any problems with this, go to Guest Relations.
Thats not always the case. If the biometrics don't work the turnstile CM can override the biometirc system and you will be let in and still be able to get Fast Passes with no problems. However the CM can also simply override the ticket and let you in, this will make your ticket not work for FP. Many CM override the entire ticket when they could just override the biometircs because it is easier.

JimboJones123

I had a stroller on my first day and scanned the left hand last trip -- so every time i just went through the turnstall i had to do the reach around (since the sensor is on the right)-- it was VERY ANNOYING for a week.

surfsupdon

Though it isn't an official override, with the busy holiday periods coming up, remember that at a lot of FastPass areas, there will be a line (short--about 5 mins) present in order to get a FP. Most areas always have a CM present who just ask to see your tickets and manually hand over FastPass tickets, one for each ticket for each member of your party. B/c no computer was used and your ticket wasn't put into the system, you will be able to get another FP at another ride, and not have to wait the 2 hour minimum. So you can hold numerous FP at one time. So remember that and get your FastPasses!!

m star

peter11435 said:
Thats not always the case. If the biometrics don't work the turnstile CM can override the biometirc system and you will be let in and still be able to get Fast Passes with no problems. However the CM can also simply override the ticket and let you in, this will make your ticket not work for FP. Many CM override the entire ticket when they could just override the biometircs because it is easier.

Ah, thanks for the info. I didn't know there were 2 different overrides they could use. They must have been overriding the ticket for us.

peter11435

m star said:
Ah, thanks for the info. I didn't know there were 2 different overrides they could use. They must have been overriding the ticket for us.
If the CM pushes a single button and lets you through then they overrode the ticket. If they have to push a number of buttons then they have done it correctly and overrode the finger scan, then you will be able to get FP's.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I must be one of the lucky ones. For the past 5 years I have kept 5 APs in my wallet (mine + wife+ 3 kids) that go through about 12 trips a a year and have never once had to have a single one replaced or re-encoded. Now that I have said that I can pretty much guarantee that none of them will ever work again. :lol:

PeeplMoovr

jddjcfc said:
But since magic your way was introduced, on every trip we have had we have seen people that has not had their finger prints accepted and the cast member just over rides the system and allows them to enter.

The biometrics system doesn't work for me most of the time with my AP. My wife gets in every time fine, but my middle finger slants away from my index finger. This shouldn't matter, with the system being a map (and seemingly it should just map my fingers no matter what they look like), but basically it keeps me from being able to squeeze the little black thingy in there together with my fingers. So 9 times out of 10 a CM just pushes a button and I get through. I've never been checked for ID or anything, but it could be because I look so innocent. :lookaroun

Also, during busy times, I've seen the biometrics system turned off and all you need to do is use your ticket.

By the way, I have really nice fingers. I just don't want to give the wrong impression. My fingers are superb. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom