When your spouse doesn't want to go.

tigsmom

Originally posted by epcotisbest

Might even stop in Savannah and try to get in "The Lady and Sons" resturant, as we went down there a couple of weeks ago on our 21st. anniversary and did not have a reservation and could not get in.

Ricky

Don't forget the reservations this time. :wave:

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
Don't forget the reservations this time. :wave:

Yeah, reservations are a definite if we try to go back anytime soon. I have been kicking myself in the ..... for missing out on this place the last time. It smelled so good from the sidewalk. My wife just made Paula Deen's "Not yo' momma's banana pudding", and it is the best banana pudding we have ever had. 'Course my wife is a wonderful cook, and it really turned out great. If you like banana pudding, I highly recommend this recipe.

Ricky

onecoolmama

I say go to Disneyland Paris or Tokyo, then tour the city (whichever one!) That way, you both get something that you want. Ok, honestly, I have NO idea what the weahter is like, so it might not work, but it could work if the weather is good that time of year!

onecoolmama

UPDATE

Ok, I looked up both places...don;t go to France..it is cold in more than one way:animwink:

Tokyo's avreage daily temp was in the mid 50's...that isn't bad. Heck, I went to Flordia last Jan and it was 36 degrees:eek: We were the only ones on Kali Rapids and Splash Mountain and we could ride as many times as we wanted! Anyway, hope this helps!

tigsmom

Yeah, reservations are a definite if we try to go back anytime soon. I have been kicking myself in the ..... for missing out on this place the last time. It smelled so good from the sidewalk. My wife just made Paula Deen's "Not yo' momma's banana pudding", and it is the best banana pudding we have ever had. 'Course my wife is a wonderful cook, and it really turned out great. If you like banana pudding, I highly recommend this recipe.

Ricky

Just watched a marathon of Paula Deen shows on Food TV.
So many goods things to make. Right now I wish I was down south eating fried catfish, hushpuppies and tomato/grits casserole. Just got to make sure I take my Lipitor first! :lol:

And banana pudding sounds yummy. :slurp:

Micca

If you wanna do a Von Trapp thing, go to Austria (not warm in winter though). There's a tour you can take that is awesome.

Nice to see other guys who's wives are Disneyed-out--instead of the other way around. Maybe we could have a guys night out...at WDW:cool:

Glasgow

ha ha - guys night out. I've got a similar problem. I've already been to many different countries (travelled a lot when I was younger) so I really enjoy the serenity and laid back atmosphere when I go to Disney. But, my significant other wants to see the world and do other things - just need to compromise I guess! lol

PS. Austria is fantastic, esp Vienna

Al

Aaah what a predicament! I can't offer any other advice that the others haven't already said, but good luck with it! Let us know what you decide! :D

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Guys night out.

Great idea. If our wives don't want to participate, then we can just go on our own. You know, do the macho stuff like RnR, Tot, Space Mountain, Pirates, Maelstrom, Test Track, Mission Space.

Then, when no one is looking, quitely board IASW, The Land, Muppet Vision 3-D, ease on over to Mickey's Toontown Fair, etc...

epcotisbest

Original Poster
An update.

She now says she wants to go to Crystal River, then on over to see the mouse! We are going to throw in a performance of Cirque, and go see the whale while down there. (of course, plans subject to change)

:sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I've been to Disney World every year for the last (7?) years. The last two years my wife was Disneyed Out, so me and my son went by ourselves.

Honestly I was feeling a bit Disneyed out myself last trip, so I'm thinking of taking off a year, and then we'll all go down in Dec. 2004 or Jan. 2005 :sohappy:

I can't speak about your situation, but in my case, my wife gets jealous of Disney World and wants to know that I'm as interested in her as Mickey Mouse (maybe if she wore those little red shorts:lookaroun).

If your situation is at all similar, I'd say do something completely non-Disney. Focus on her, and do whatever she wants this year if she promises to go (and have fun) next year.

If you can stand the withdrawal I think everyone will be happy.

Maria

Originally posted by artvandelay
How 'bout Las Vegas? In Vegas you can go to Rome (Caesar's Palace), Venice (The Venetian), Olde England (Excalibur), Egypt (Luxor), Hawaii (Mirage and Mandaly Bay), Monte Carlo (The Monte Carlo), or France (Paris) all in 3 days. It's warm in the daytime, but gets cold at night.

You missed Morocco (Aladdin) and New York (NY, NY)!!
:sohappy:

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Wow Maria, the Vegas pictures are great. Las Vegas for us is one of those "been there, done that" things. We went a couple of years ago. Stayed at Ceasar's Palace, saw some shows, did the tourist thing, went to the top of the Stratosphere etc...Had a great time but don't really have a desire to go back. It was fun though.
Ricky

KevinPage

I suggest a sock (to stuff in her mouth) and a large amount of duct tape, to strap her to the seat in the airplane!

LOL

tbell

I loved reading all these responses..... what do I do since my dh does not like to come more than ONCE a year and i want to come every other month? hmmmm...... well something thats working really good for me now is taking my ds (20) and dd (22) with me.. they are so much FUN!!!!! I love the time we spend together and all the memories we have made!! and i know that now they love it just as much as me, that someday i will be able to come with my grandchildren.. awwwwwww..... :)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We don't take seperate vacations yet. We've been married 21 years and still love to travel together. I don't think I could enjoy WDW without her there, as I have only been there with my wife. We don't have children to take, and I can't imagine going with friends or family without my wife.

I think I would rather be with her in the desert without any water, than at WDW without her.

Now, I haven't ruled out the "guys night out" thing, but a whole vacation without my wife....no, I don't think I could handle that.:)

Ricky

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think I would rather be with her in the desert without any water, than at WDW without her.

Leave this post up on your screen so she can just accidentally read it, and I'm betting she'll go anywhere you want.;)

I just suggested to my wife last night that maybe we could all go in December of 2004 and she said: "I'll think about it." which is much more positive than: "NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!!!! I'D RATHER EAT SLUGS AND GOUGE MY EYES OUT WITH RUSTY NAILS THAN GO BACK TO . . . THAT PLACE AGAIN."

So keep your fingers crossed for me.:sohappy:

I keep hearing from my wife that we go to much (2 times a year). The only thing in my favor is my 2yr old loves Disney and wants to see Mickey's house! I try many things and get shot down until she just gives in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom