Votes: 4 6.1%

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Never

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't want to sound hypocritical because I've been Pro-Reopening for some time, but while I'd visit once early in operation if there's availability (A weekend trip with a stay at the Alpine Inn and dinner and drinks at the new Westin), I'd rather wait until you don't have to wear masks, stand on markers, be in plexiglass mazes and listen to bizarre PA System announcements telling you to wash your hands and stay away from people. I'm also trying to plan another Universal Orlando trip and I'd rather go there.

Minnesota disney fan

It;s not "going back" to DL for us; it's a first ever trip:)
I hope to get to go sometime in the fall this year. If there are alot of restrictions still in play, then we will opt for the Spring of 22. We want to go on our one time trip to California and see alot of the sights besides a day or 2 at DL, so things have to be opened up for us to go. It's a wait and see thing right now, unfortunately.

Nirya

I'll have my second dose of the vaccine by the end of March, so I'd be personally fine to go whenever, but I'd also probably wait a few months for the rush to die down and for Disney to have the processes in place to make it as smooth as possible.

aliceismad

I'd go back this summer or fall, after I can get vaccinated. I have no issues with wearing a mask all day. It certainly seems more comfortable in Anaheim than Orlando. The lack of some activities would be sad but not a dealbreaker.

Stevek

For all those who want to go back now with no concern about the health and safety mandates, does the reduction in value have any consequence in the decision making? No concerns over lack of entertainment, character interactions, or potentially some indoor attractions?

No concerns about paying full price for the experience?
I have concerns if the price is as high if not higher (which I expect it to be) and I can't access a significant number of rides I enjoy (Pirates and Mansion for example). While I enjoy parades and fireworks, I can't say I watch them every time and I don't do character interactions. For me, it's about available attractions.

Can you clarify what you mean about no concern about health and safety mandates? I would assume anyone going when it opens would be adhering to the states mandates as would Disneyland.

LovePop

I'm planning on going to DL April 2022. It's been like 7 years or something since I went. I found an ideal hotel to stay in that fits my family's needs. Hopefully by then all the unpleasantness will be gone. If not, I'll wait longer. Not dealing with any unpleasantness when paying megabucks on vacation.

fctiger

Definitely eager to return but yeah with conditions like others said. I always said no matter when the park reopened, we would wait at least 1-2 months to see how things operated and how safe it felt And still sticking to that plan and may try to go in late June or July. And won't go until we're fully vaccinated regardless.

And yeah it will depend other factors like exactly how much of the park will be opened, ticket prices etc. If they still had APs I would be open to even getting those again, but I imagine I would be going waaaaay less regardless for awhile. And if the monthly payment program is gone, then would have to see if we could buy the passes outright again or is it even worth it?

But at the moment we'll be happy to go to the park just once this year. After all we only went once last year with APs lol.

PiratesMansion

When everything I care about is open. The mask thing is not a deal breaker, as I did a number of parks last summer and survived just fine.

But also, having paid for park hopping and MaxPass on my pre-pandemic ticket purchase, it would be nice to have those up and running before I go back, since I know better than to expect Disney to refund the extra money those features added to the ticket price.

I also imagine I wouldn't actually need the five days I paid for until everything's basically running normally again.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Tomorrow.

If it doesn't rain.
Welp, crowds were bigger than I'd seen them in at least a year (but still felt perfectly comfortable as I spent most of my time outside). Parking took a while. Lines were long, so skipped a lot of things. Ate. Shopped. Didn't do any rides. ;) Left early to avoid the rain. But still glad to be in my happy place. :) CM's were more cheerful/perky than I'd seen them in a while (probably due to the optimism of reopening).

cmwade77

I'll be fully vaccinated by the end of April, but I'm in no rush to deal with crowds. I'll see you in 2022! Let's put this pandemic behind us so we can enjoy our lives again. I can't wait to hang out with my family and friends, but you won't see me in airports, planes, hotels, theme parks, etc. See ya next year!
When the parks first reopen there will be no crowds, they will be opening with 15% capacity, this equals a 5 minute wait for pretty much everything.

trylon57

When the parks first reopen there will be no crowds, they will be opening with 15% capacity, this equals a 5 minute wait for pretty much everything.
From Long Island N.Y., to Anaheim requires a lot of travel involving a lot of airports, planes, Ubers, hotels etc.. Not worth it now. I'll wait.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
I live in MD, so we aren't allowed to go yet, right?

I'm thinking about winter. I'm already going to WDW in 2 weeks. And we're going to WDW again in October (yay 50th!). My options would be around Christmas (but I think I'd rather visit family in AL and then maybe swing through FL on the way home and do Universal), mid-January for a long weekend or mid February for a long weekend.

DH won't be too happy if I overwhelm him with too much Disney too quickly.

And I really want to stay at the Candy Cane Inn again, so we'll be waiting for them to reopen as well.
Hey! Not sure if this was answered yet, but I spoke with someone at the Candy Cane Inn, and they said they are going through extensive remodel right now and will open in the summer. Hope that helps you plan accordingly :)

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Hey! Not sure if this was answered yet, but I spoke with someone at the Candy Cane Inn, and they said they are going through extensive remodel right now and will open in the summer. Hope that helps you plan accordingly :)
Ops, I see Futureport83 answered above. Glad to see it validated :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom