When would you leave??

WDW_Emily

We are traveling down for a quick weekend trip in November and are torn on when to leave. Option 1 is to leave on a Thursday night after work, arrive around 10pm. Or Option 2 is arriving Friday morning around 11am. Our hotel is currently booked for Friday-Monday but flying in on Thursday is cheaper plus we have Christmas party tickets for friday. I checked Disney for one night and nothing is available so we would need to stay nearby. Thoughts?!?

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes

I'd fly in on Thursday, I've done that many times before. I really liked The B Resort when I did it so I'd recommend it if you're looking for a resort outside of Disney. Super close to Disney Springs as well, 5 minute walking distance.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

We are traveling down for a quick weekend trip in November and are torn on when to leave. Option 1 is to leave on a Thursday night after work, arrive around 10pm. Or Option 2 is arriving Friday morning around 11am. Our hotel is currently booked for Friday-Monday but flying in on Thursday is cheaper plus we have Christmas party tickets for friday. I checked Disney for one night and nothing is available so we would need to stay nearby. Thoughts?!?

Definitely Thursday. We very often get a less expensive offsite hotel for arrival night so we are well-rested and ready to go first thing in the morning. And when we put on our WDW check-in that we are arriving at 9AM, we often get pretty early check-in.

If you want to play it safe, a Disney partner hotel is usually reliably not gross lol.

We have done it the other way as well, and regretted it. We were tired and rushed and didn’t enjoy the first day as much. Definitely go Thursday.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I'm always a fan of leaving earlier, getting in so the next day you can start off fresh and have as much of a full day as possible. Especially now with the airlines being unreliable, I'd want to have a better chance of arriving. staying nearby gets you close to Disney with a short drive onto property without having the stress and anxiety on arrival day. Wake up, have a relaxing breakfast and leave for the resort at your leisure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom