• Winter 2019

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Never

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

trylon57

We just went to Disneyland at the beginning of March to get in one last trip before the insanity of Star Wars. It's a big trip for us since we live in Long Island, NY, so it will probably be about 2 more years until we get out there again. Hopefully the crowds will be somewhat normal by that time!

Tony the Tigger

I don’t know. Despite living and breathing Star Wars throughout my childhood, spending every paper route dime and Christmas wish on it, I’m not really excited for this, based on what I’ve heard so far.

Our AP’s expire in early September around our anniversary. My bday is 8/31, and we are blacked out from June through early August. So we kind of have to go between mid-August and the first week of September.

I wonder if going earlier in August would backfire (if a lot of others do the same, making it more crowded.)

If we go later, I suppose we could at least walk through the land, if not do any attractions.

Meh.

Darkbeer1

I will know more on Friday, but it looks like a mid-May date, an invited guest event (and hopefully not Media night).

But then I will be spending a lot more time at Knott's. I think I have already eat enough meals to pay for my SP Dining Plan.

Old Mouseketeer

I avoided Pandora spoilers for almost two years in order to experience it for the first time spoiler-free. Trust me, it’s well worth it!!

I finally got to see Pandora six months ago. I soaked up every detail, including the queue walkthrough. However, I studiously avoided the ride-through videos and was glad I did. None of the other spoilers made a dent in my experience--there simply was no way to capture the scope of the land.

I look back at my treasure trove of magazines and clippings I collected in a box under my bed leading up to the opening of WDW MK in 1971 and poured over until I actually saw it two years later. I still see images from these publications whenever I listen to Don McLean's American Pie album, which I listened to repeatedly during that time. I still remember my postcard from future Imagineer David Mumford ( a fellow Disney Geek in our days at different High Schools) and he wrote "you have GOT to see this place!".

The glimpses I get of SW:GE from inside the park or the roof of M&F (and from our intrepid videographers) lead me to look at pictures of the model in a new light. I'm having trouble getting my head around the scale of it, even after Pandora and Carsland.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom