When will they ever add their next big thrill ride for EPCOT??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
ogryn said:
I was thinking that because Disney seem to like their Vekoma's at the moment. Do you know if they had a falling out with Intamin after California Screamin', Lee?

Disney have had a long association with Vekoma, more so than Intamin, so I wouldnt see that as indication a falling out recently. DLP alone has at laest 5 Vekomas that I can think of.

bigbadwolf

wdwmagic said:
Mission Space has launched since then, which is probably the biggest thrill ride in WDW. see www.wdwmagic.com for more.

I felt Mission Space was like a pumped up version of the tea cups.. I think Test Track is still more of a thrill ride though, better then mission space... I expected more... lol

I am hopeing they add a some ride to italy... maybe a Pompe ride? *hope I spelled that right*

Lee

Adventurer
wdwmagic said:
Disney have had a long association with Vekoma, more so than Intamin, so I wouldnt see that as indication a falling out recently. DLP alone has at laest 5 Vekomas that I can think of.

Hmmm...I can only think of 4, Steve. What are the 5 you are referring to? :veryconfu

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Still I think in the coming future Epcot should expand on their thrill rides because in my opinion they are lacking major thrill rides. I'm expecting in the next 2 years they could add another major thrill ride attraction. But what will it be. They could start brainstorming some topics soon. Theirs alot to dream and think about.

cocoabeach

bigbadwolf said:
I felt Mission Space was like a pumped up version of the tea cups.. I think Test Track is still more of a thrill ride though, better then mission space... I expected more... lol

I am hopeing they add a some ride to italy... maybe a Pompe ride? *hope I spelled that right*

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed with the number of "virtual" rides. And don't tell me size/space is the issue because the Mummy ride at Universal is a serious thrill ride and still fits in a relatively small space (for a coaster track anyway).

Mission Space is good, and if the video could be beefed up a whole lot it would even be great but it isn't WooHoo!

PhilosophyMagic

I only really enjoy Mission: Space because of the themeing and storyline. The idea of experiancing a (somewhat) realistic version of space launch is quite incredible and awe-inspiring. It it was exactly the same ride themed as a race car I'd be falling asleep.

Still, Tokyo DisneySea's Stormrider looks pretty interesting. Anyone have more pictures or information on Stormrider besdies the MousePlanet review?

Lynx04

PhilosophyMagic said:
Anyone have more pictures or information on Stormrider besdies the MousePlanet review?

Yeah, please share if you have info. I remember people talking about Stormrider during the whole project gemini craze. I take it Stormrider is a simulator attraction, right?

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
While I will submit that Epcot is different from TMK inasmuch as there aren't storylines tied to the rides, I think you have to be careful when talking about building thrill rides there anyway. I feel as though any attraction built should fit the template for the original theories of Epcot, and not just rides for rides sake, so to speak.

It's easy to say, build a new thrill ride to bring in guests. But what if it doesn't fit the park, or its surrounding attractions? Even though it may be visited well, does that still make it a success? Or would the hardcore fans of Disney cry foul for those reasons I listed above?

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
I have'nt been to Disney World at all for at least 4-5 years now. I'm hoping for another thrill ride attraction when I return which won't be for about 2-3 more years.:cool:

Lynx04

HennieBogan1966 said:
Even though it may be visited well, does that still make it a success? Or would the hardcore fans of Disney cry foul for those reasons I listed above?

The parks has to attend to guest's needs and wants, not Disney fans. If you ride is extremely popular and with long lines, then yes that makes it a success. It may not please some of us fans, but that isn't what WDW goals are. Their job is to get guests into the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom