Rumor When will the promised rewards program be announced and what will it include?

seascape

Original Poster
Back when genie and new annual passes were promised, we were also promised a rewards program. Well, genie is announced and so are Disneyland passes. So what about WDW Passes and the promised rewards program. If implemented correctly we could find the daily Genie+ costs are not as bad as we think. I have 425 DVC points and associated dues. I also have 2 Platinum Plus passes and the Disney Bundle. We were all told we would get some type of rewards and that doesn't count the thousands we spend in Disney Restaurants and Stores. So, give us 5 points on each dollar we give Disney and let us use 1500 points a day for Genie+. That is 1 free day of Genie+ for every $300 spend on Disney stuff. Disney would be encouraging guests to spend more and it wouldn't cost anything.

Dan Deesnee

Now that I think about it, a rewards program is freaking genius. They slap you with one hand and feed you a little bit with the other.

It's great PR too. Every time the higher pricing and stripping away of benefits comes up they can simply point to the rewards program, among other low cost things that they've added.

You might think these people are dumb but they're actually pretty smart. They know exactly how to give minimum benefit and achieve maximum profit.

the.dreamfinder

Disney has no incentive to offer a unified rewards program, beyond the credit cards, because the company is fairly Balkanized and there’s no financial upside to Disney. Think about it, the Disney Visa isn’t a particularly good rewards card, though it has nice perks like 6 month vacation financing and fairly comparable dining discounts for the non AP/DVC/TIW crowd plus the 2% back from Disney purchases. If Disney had a rewards program, people who are good at the points game could easily book pricy vacations on points, especially if you could transfer points into a loyalty program like you can with Chase or AMEX. Why would Disney want you to get a good deal like that? How would that effect the value and sales of DVC if you could buy two-three $8-$10K vacation packages and get the next one for free?

The only thing I could see Disney doing would be an enhanced version of its Chase cards that would be the Disney equivalent of the Sapphire cards. Think more upscale, perhaps even opening up the international resorts for earning and redemption of rewards or a special concierge like AMEX.

Mickey has you wrapped around his finger, why would he sacrifice some of his coin to retain you when you’ve demonstrated that you’ll continue to spend money with him?

I’m not saying there isn’t value in a rewards program, just that today’s Disney is not interested in cutting into their fat margins to finance it or ruffle feathers within divisions.

CJR

I imagine this: "Buy Genie+ five times and you'll get a complimentary Genie+ magnet! Claim at the checkout counter of select merchandise locations after you make your souvenir purchases."

tanc

cfcd2338fe896f7217192d249e79921b.jpg

will this be the reward?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom