When will old tickets no longer be accepted?

docdebbi

Just bought tickets this week for my upcoming trip March 2019. I did this right after hearing about the change in ticket media and I was under the impression that existing tickets would be valid through 2019.
But when I received them today from undercover tourist it says the tickets expire February 28, 2019. Did I miss this info somewhere and just really screw myself ?

thanks for any info you have

IMG_6370.JPG

yensid67

Did you now see that they expire before you purchased? I would call undercovertourist and find out what can be done! They are awesome to work with. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want, the worse they can say is no! But at least you asked!

EDIT: Just contacted UCT...

They would need to call us to request to return the tickets and while they are in the mail to us they would need to place a new order for e-tickets which are valid until December 31, 2019. Once we receive the other tickets and verify that they are not linked, used, or altered a 100% refund will be issued as they had made a replacement order. When you call just provide the order number!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

belledream

I also bought my tickets for next year from UT recently and was under the impression that mailed tickets would be valid til the February date. Any date after that, you would want to select the e-ticket option. Luckily, mailed tickets are refundable so I'm guessing you could still get your issue resolved...it will just take a little more effort on your part. :)

Upvote 0

docdebbi

Original Poster
Did you now see that they expire before you purchased? I would call undercovertourist and find out what can be done! They are awesome to work with. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want, the worse they can say is no! But at least you asked!

EDIT: Just contacted UCT...

They would need to call us to request to return the tickets and while they are in the mail to us they would need to place a new order for e-tickets which are valid until December 31, 2019. Once we receive the other tickets and verify that they are not linked, used, or altered a 100% refund will be issued as they had made a replacement order. When you call just provide the order number!

no, actually, I just went to their site after reading your post, and I am pretty sure that the little disclaimer that says won't be valid after that date was not there then. maybe because I ordered like within minutes of seeing the new ticket system. Thanks for looking into this for me. I will call the first minute I get- today.

I knew you guys would have all the info. Guess things are changing by the minute with these changes coming.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

yensid67

no, actually, I just went to their site after reading your post, and I am pretty sure that the little disclaimer that says won't be valid after that date was not there then. maybe because I ordered like within minutes of seeing the new ticket system. Thanks for looking into this for me. I will call the first minute I get- today.

I knew you guys would have all the info. Guess things are changing by the minute with these changes coming.

Thanks!
You are welcomed! Always happy to help when I can and make a difference in your planning!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

This is independent from the ticketing change underway next month. For whatever reason, the hard tickets that Disney is providing to their resellers have different dates than the Dec 31 2019 date for the eTickets. UT is aware of this, and should have prompted you a few times during the purchase process to verify when you travel was to make sure you had the correct type of ticket based on your travel dates.
Even though they have an "expiration date", you will still retain the value of the brand new unused tickets, but you would need to use them towards the purchase of new tickets after that date. This prevents people from buying a bunch of tickets to lock in a lower price.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

Original Poster
This is independent from the ticketing change underway next month. For whatever reason, the hard tickets that Disney is providing to their resellers have different dates than the Dec 31 2019 date for the eTickets. UT is aware of this, and should have prompted you a few times during the purchase process to verify when you travel was to make sure you had the correct type of ticket based on your travel dates.
Even though they have an "expiration date", you will still retain the value of the brand new unused tickets, but you would need to use them towards the purchase of new tickets after that date. This prevents people from buying a bunch of tickets to lock in a lower price.

thanks. there were no pop up prompts but I don't doubt it said it somewhere and I missed it. I am always so distracted- I kinda do Disney stuff at work...…….don't tell anyone!

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

Thanks for your post. I ordered a mail ticket from UCT for my trip in March. Didn't know about the February cutoff. My order was
still being processed, so was able to cancel and reorder an e-mail version. Without your post I would of had to go through the
hassle of returning/refunding/etc. I might add the UCT customer service was great in making this change for me.

Upvote 0

yensid67

JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER:
When ordering tickets, CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATE! UCT said that until Disney gives them tickets with the new pricing, their tickets are to expire FEBRUARY 28th 2019! So please check before you click that order button!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom