When will Disney finally build another resort in the United States if ever?

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
I know Florida and California will always be home to Disney resorts and theme parks but if the United States had to pick somewhere else to build a Disney themed resort complex where in the USA would it be or would they continue to build new Disney locations overseas? I’ve heard rumors of Texas being a strong candidate of a new Disney park sometime in the near future do you see this really happening or never? Just curious Texas has so much space and a lot of room and the economy is doing really well. Perhaps like a region of Texas where their is a lot of tourism like Austin or San Antonio? Austin is a rapidly fast growing city with no theme park. Houston could’ve been a selection but with Grand Texas coming probably not likely they add another major theme park.

ToTBellHop

I know Florida and California will always be home to Disney resorts and theme parks but if the United States had to pick somewhere else to build a Disney themed resort complex where in the USA would it be or would they continue to build new Disney locations overseas? I’ve heard rumors of Texas being a strong candidate of a new Disney park sometime in the near future do you see this really happening or never? Just curious Texas has so much space and a lot of room and the economy is doing really well. Perhaps like a region of Texas where their is a lot of tourism like Austin or San Antonio? Austin is a rapidly fast growing city with no theme park. Houston could’ve been a selection but with Grand Texas coming probably not likely they add another major theme park.
They won’t build in the USA again. Another resort in Asia is certainly and option if not a likelihood.

thecouch

I wonder why they don't build smaller entertainment areas. Years ago disney was looking at building in Sydney Australia on a old industrial site right in the heart of the city but it wasn't a theme park. It was going to be a couple of theme hotels, cinema, shops, restaurants and a few small kids ride like tea cups. I'm surprised they haven't done this in cities in USA. Especially now they could put a few simulator rides in small spaces

wdwfan4ver

Texas rumors have been myths for years. I don't see Disney building another United States theme park way ever unless California turns into an island. The problem is I think it would hurt the attendance at Disneyland and at Disney World. Disney needs to buy more land in California in order to do a third park.

I think Disney is not done with building parks overseas. I know there has been a rumor about India earlier this year.

I know the Disney resorts in France, Shanghai, and Hong Kong have enough space to create another park. France is not shape for a 3rd park though right and I wonder if Disney really wants a 2nd theme park in Hong Kong. I do know Shanghai has enough space for doing 2 more theme parks, and I wouldn't be shocked if a 2nd Shanghai theme park gets announced sometime in the next decade.

Last edited:

Creathir

I wonder why they don't build smaller entertainment areas. Years ago disney was looking at building in Sydney Australia on a old industrial site right in the heart of the city but it wasn't a theme park. It was going to be a couple of theme hotels, cinema, shops, restaurants and a few small kids ride like tea cups. I'm surprised they haven't done this in cities in USA. Especially now they could put a few simulator rides in small spaces
They tried that with DisneyQuest.

Honestly, it was a lot of fun, it just got dated too quickly. Their tech cadence was off from mainstream tech, making the investment become dated too quickly and too expensive to update.

Just4Pics

Travel is becoming faster and cheaper each year and that trend will probably continue. Budget airlines and the point to point system, as opposed to hub and spokes, has made air travel easier. And once self driving cars become a reality, which is not far away, driving will become even easier than it is now. That's why they see no reason to build another park in the US.

Also, even if they built a regional quality park in Texas or the Northeast, many people would still prefer to go to DL or WDW since those resorts would still be vastly superior to the new park. You see this same trend with many Europeans going to WDW rather than DLP because of how much more it offers.

Plus Disney, especially at WDW, makes a lot more from people coming in and buying week packages and staying onsite than they would from locals going just for the attractions.

James122

I can't imagine them building another resort stateside in the near future. There were plans in the 90's to build a resort in suburban DC (Disney's America), but the project stalled and eventually was killed off. I think having two resorts on both coasts works well. Agree about the rumors of a Texas resort; those rumors have been on-and-off for many years and I don't think it would work for a number of reasons.

Hiyumo

Texas rumors have been myths for years. I don't see Disney building another United States theme park way ever unless California turns into an island. The problem is I think it would hurt the attendance at Disneyland and at Disney World. Disney needs to buy more land in California in order to do a third park.

I think Disney is not done with building parks overseas. I know there has been a rumor about India earlier this year.

I know the Disney resorts in France, Shanghai, and Hong Kong have enough space to create another park. France is not shape for a 3rd park though right and I wonder if Disney really wants a 2nd theme park in Hong Kong. I do know Shanghai has enough space for doing 2 more theme parks, and I wouldn't be shocked if a 2nd Shanghai theme park gets announced sometime in the next decade.
They've confirmed that they're opening the 3rd gate in Disneyland Paris in 2030.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom