When was the wooden pathway added at the edge of Liberty Square/Frontierland....

HinunterZuNich

Original Poster
For the last few years I have used to to bypass the busy regular walking areas in the edge of Liberty Square and also Frontierland and wondered if it has always been there? It doesn't seem like it has, so does anyone know when it was added? It definetly makes it possible to not get stuck in parade crowds, and you get a nice walk along the Rivers Of America!

peter11435

HinunterZuNich said:
For the last few years I have used to to bypass the busy regular walking areas in the edge of Liberty Square and also Frontierland and wondered if it has always been there? It doesn't seem like it has, so does anyone know when it was added? It definetly makes it possible to not get stuck in parade crowds, and you get a nice walk along the Rivers Of America!
I believe the parade bypass you speak of was installed in 1996, which was the last time I think the river was drained.

Pongo

HinunterZuNich said:

Kind of a thread drift, but I think your avatar is the COOLEST picture of Spaceship Earth I have ever seen.

HinunterZuNich

Original Poster
Pongo said:
Kind of a thread drift, but I think your avatar is the COOLEST picture of Spaceship Earth I have ever seen.

Thanks! You know though, the best attraction in all of Walt Disney World only deserves the best avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that picture too. You don't know if there's a high resolution version of it for a desktop background do you? If so please tell me where!

BTW, this is my first post here. This site is amazing! I am a HUGE disney fan and am heading there in Feb :)

Pongo

jcs4evas1298 said:
IBTW, this is my first post here. This site is amazing! I am a HUGE disney fan and am heading there in Feb :)

Welcome to the boards! Have fun on your trip... when it comes.

maxime29

Premium Member
The passageway is great, but don't get too many strollers on that thing. I've seen it get clogged up pretty bad due to people not being smart and hitting everything left and right.

imagineerfan

HinunterZuNich said:

I feel dumb for asking but can anyone be a little more specific where this path is? Thanks

Dan

disneychamp

I'm pretty sure the path was added in '92 as part of the Splash Mountain construction. It was meant to ease pedestrian traffic due to the opening of a new "E" ticket, plus the fact that the MK parade route runs right through the main Frontierland/LS walkway.

HinunterZuNich

Original Poster
imagineerfan said:
I feel dumb for asking but can anyone be a little more specific where this path is? Thanks

Dan

It's the "wooden" path that's built out on the Rivers Of America at the edge of Frontierland.

Laura

Premium Member
Pongo said:

I agree. I was drooling over it yesterday, wondering how I could take a shot like that!

peter11435

LudwigVonDrake said:
1994 was my first trip to Disney in about 10 years and I know the path was there then. So the 1992 timeline is probably correct.
Yeah looking back on pictures, I think that is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom