When was the last Imagineer "break-through?"

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't think it's a bad thing that WDI uses outside companies for new technology, I mean the world is much different than it was in the 50's and 60's where WED had to literally create all of the technology they needed from scratch.

Everything is relying on high-technology and it still takes creativity to go from one application to a completely different one.

Rob562

I love Soarin' but I totally agree with you on the picture quality. I am hopeful that the next gen of Soarin' will move to a digital projection system. I really don't know if there are digital IMAX projectors out there. If not, there's a project for WDI!

I think that's one thing that WDI will leave to the IMAX corporation to develop... :animwink:
(besides, it's IMAX's patented technology they're using in Soarin' anyway)

While the technology doesn't exist yet to project IMAX compeltely in digital (they don't have the resolution and the accompanying data transfer rates that would be required), I've heard that there have been many advances in the past couple years. I'd give it another 3-5 years before we'd see a fully digital IMAX projection.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom