When to Visit?

PurpleDragon

I'm planning a solo trip to WDW later this year (since DW won't let me take our son till hes at least 3 or 4 :p ) and I'm wondering if September is still a good time to go.

I know that park attendance is up significantly and there really is no time when the park is "empty", but I'm wondering if September is still a slower time with minimal crowds. I would like to avoid crowds as much as possible if I can. Since I'm going solo I have the advantage of flexibility with my planning. Any info would be appreciated. :D

tdonald

September and is probably the least crowded time of the year, other than maybe January.

Though it's a great time crowd-wise, it's still quite warm (usually 90+), and the Food and Wine Festival doesn't start until the 26th.

Personally, I would chose sometime after F&W starts (it's great, seriously! If you like food, you'll LOVE this!) until mid-late October. It's a little cooler (not hot, just warm) and the crowds are still relatively low.

Even though you're an adult by yourself, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is really fun, with great fireworks and probably the best parade at WDW, and if you go anytime before Mid-October, that's definitely the best way to experience low crowds (Last year at MNSSHP when I rode PoTC, I think I was the only guest in the entire ride, and on BTMR, our train wasn't full). If you go, since it costs extra (about $50) and is from 7:00-12:00, I recommend spending the rest of the day at DTD, a waterpark, or your hotel. Then, prepare to be at MK around 6:30. If you stay past 10:30, the amount of rides you can do are really just up to how fast you can walk from ride to ride.

The only time you might experience larger crowds in September or the first two weeks of October is if you visit Epcot during the F&WF on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (especially in the afternoon and evening), due to the popularity of the F&WF with local adults.

I hope my advice helps! Have a great time!

Upvote 0

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
Thats what I figured. My wife and I have visited in the past during September because it was always empty in the parks and we were pleased with the short lines.

I've just heard that recently park attendance has been at an all time high and was worried that may affect the normally slow times of the year. Glad to hear its still a good time to go. Thanks.

Upvote 0

pacochran

I think you'll find that as others have said the slow times in a year have picked up but still better than other times of the year. We go the week after Thanksgiving and last year was a little more crowded, but still not as bad as other times a year.

This year you may see it go down because the the gas price and increase in all other prices, who knows.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom